cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey Everyone!

Welcome back to my annual iPhone Reservation thread!  Once again its the time of the year that Apple will be announcing their new iPhone line up in a few hrs!. Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Apple iPhoneXs / Xr and Xs Max to the reservation list & the day comes follow the steps below to reserve the new device! The devices will include 3 devices, new color options and bigger displays! 

How to reserve if you’re an existing customer:

1. Log in to My Account on Rogers.com

2. Under Account choose Wireless.

3. Go to Manage My Device at the bottom of the page.

4. Click Upgrade My Device.

5. Choose The new iPhone ( which ever model you want) as a “ Pre order

6. Pick either Ship To Home or Ship To store (Device Reservation)

7. Choose a phone from the Phone Model drop-down.

1. Only phones that can be reserved will appear.

7. Review the account information next to your selection.

1. The email address must be auto-populated in the right section of the reservation form. Otherwise, you can’t reserve a device.

2. If the email is not auto-populated, first add the email address in the appropriate field of your My Account profile. Then, log out and log back in.

8. Select a store to pick up your phone.

9. Review the reservation details and click I AGREE to accept the Terms and Conditions.

10. Click Reserve to complete the reservation. A store representative will call you when the device is ready for pick-up.

How to reserve if you’re a new customer

1. Go to https://www.rogers.com/web/link/DeviceReservation?forwardTo=nrsRegisteredCustomer

2. Click Sign Up and enter your email address. ( It may tell you to also input all your info again.)

3. Under Phone Information, choose the device you want to reserve, and click Continue. Only devices available for reservation will appear.

4. Fill out the form under Personal Details and click Continue.

5. Fill out the Payment Details for the refundable $40 reservation fee and click Continue.

6. Select a store for device pick-up and click Continue.

7. Review the reservation details and click I AGREE to accept the Terms and Conditions.

8. Click Reserve to complete the reservation. A store representative will call you when the device is ready for pick-up.

Online Statuses

Open - Phone has been reserved

In Progress - Phone is in inventory and the order is being processed

Shipped - Phone is on its way to the chosen store

Cancelled - Reservation has been cancelled

Keeping you up posted along the way

1. You’ll receive the following confirmations:

2. An email after completing the reservation

3. Weekly status emails confirming you number in line on the waiting list

4. An email when the device has been shipped to the store. (Includes a delivery tracking number)

5. Phone call from a store representative when the device is ready for pick-up

Good things to know

1. Phone can only be reserved, not purchased ( The purchase of the device will be done in store)

2. You can change the pick-up location when the online order status is open. If the order status is in progress or shipped, the location cannot be changed

3. Shipments typically take up 4 days, and your device is held in store for 3 days ( The delivery can be next day in most cases)

4. If you don’t pick up your phone within 3 days, the reservation will be cancelled and be sold to a walk in customer. You can make alternate arrangements with the store manager if need be.

5. Only the account holder or an authorized level 1 user (someone authorized to make changes on the account) can pick up the phone. Photo ID is required when picking up the phone.

6. If a reservation was made to a location that is now closed, We’ll send the device to the closest Rogers store or authorized dealer in the area. The new store will contact you when the device arrives and is ready for pick up.

Reservation Fee

What about this $40 reservation fee? Will it be returned to me?” You betcha. You’ll get a credit of $40 (+ taxes) for the reservation fee on your account if you reserved as an existing customer or to the original credit card if you reserved to activate a new line. Your reservation fee will be credited when:

1. Your phone ships from our warehouse or

2. You cancel your reservation online.

Before you go to the store to pick up your new phone, why not get a quote for your old phone and trade it in for a credit!

Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

.For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

They also started last year a pre ordering system done online being charged on your CC ( Credit card) imminently and having the device shipped to your home instead. 2 years ago with the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus and last year with the 8 &8+ with the X the ones that picked this way got it the day of launch or day after launch but only a few did. Not everyone. This way is a good way but sadly u do not see any status updates like u do with the reservation system and only get a confirmation email and a shipment email. ( some did not get any email until the unit got shipped with QMS or UPS). Please do remember. Using the SHIP TO HOME option does NOT give u any insight of updates or status. You will only get notified when it ships out.

now its alot to read at the moment but i am trying to cover all the bases for everyone so everyone knows how the reservation works and what they need to know! as always do not be afraid to ask any question you have as I or any other member will answer it for you. I will do my best and answer all questions Cat Happy

712 REPLIES 712

Re: Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Ducker

It will be delivered tomorrow for sure unless there is severe weather or issues at the UPS facility during the night.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys!

This doesn't look good on Apple and UPS side.

https://9to5mac.com/2018/09/20/iphone-xs-max-shipping-delay-ups/

nintenchris123
I plan to stick around
From previous years, do they send emails out the morning of launch day for home deliverys that deliver same day?

jrcm
I'm here a lot
Hello everyone!

I made a reservation for XS Max 64 GB Gold via Ship To Home option. I have not received a Shipping information as of yet. However, when I checked ‘My Device Details’ via my Rogers Account, an IMEI is showing (Not my previous phone or the phone I am currently using). I think that my reservation and my phone was already been processed as IMEI number has been assigned to my account. Maybe there is just a delay with Rogers updating their system or providing their customers with Shipping information due to high demand. I am just hoping that I’ll be one of the lucky customers who will receive the new phone tomorrow. Good luck everyone!

nintenchris123
I plan to stick around
Just checked mine and it’s the same! Hopefully you are right 😊

seee
I plan to stick around
I don’t think the imei matters. I just checked and my number doesn’t match either. Also, I checked my wife’s phone (which we didn’t upgrade) and it doesn’t match either.
Ugh.

jrcm
I'm here a lot
I just checked my mom and my dad’s IMEI for the phones they are currently using. Both matches. The IMEI that you will see on your account is the IMEI of the phone assigned to you when you opened an account with them. If the IMEIs on your and your wife’s account don’t match with the phone you both are currently using, these are not the phones you originally purchased with them. My opinion.

seee
I plan to stick around
Both of the phones were purchased from Rogers as upgrades. I think...Anyways, hoping for the best...fingers crossed

kkk777
I plan to stick around
Phone shipped on Tuesday night; popped in the store today to see if mine was in and nothing .. no phone call tonight either. I’m in Vancouver, where do the phones ship from?

jrcm
I'm here a lot
Hi Everyone,

I received an email from Rogers Last night around 11:57 PM that my phone was shipped via UPS since September 17 (The date I pre ordered via Ship To Home method). They gave me the tracking number showing as Estimated Delivery for today, September 21. I can’t wait!!!! Hope everyone gets the same email and enjoy their phone on the first day of launch!

If I am not mistaken, phones are being shipped from a depot in Mississauga, ON. The last time I’ve pre-ordered, the address it was shipped from is Mississauga, ON and I live in the same area 😊.

Daveftw
I plan to stick around

@jrcm how has your ups updated? Mine hasnt. It only says shipment info sent, it hasn't actually shipped. 

I'm worried that I'm not getting it until next week now

riiicjcjck
I plan to stick around
Rogersdirect.ca, still the same as the 14th, no phone movement. Anyone here like me?

I am super upset that ROGERS did this to small business customers after no watch support, and I’m not surprised at all I am not getting a phone this year.

Yampz
I plan to stick around
Agree! I am still 4th.. still “open.” I am already lined up at Rogers store. Hope they have mine - if so will cancel my preorder and order here.

Ducker
I plan to stick around
Is it busy there...or are you alone?! 🙂

Anyone else lined up @ Rogers or Apple store this morning?
Haven’t lined up on launch day since the 4 was released in 2010. That was fun...3:30am in the crisp morning air with dozens of other iPhone addicts. When they opened the doors (Fairview Pointe-Claire) there was a stampede to the Apple Store. Wild...but so much fun. Since then I’ve only used the reserve-and-pickup service though...and since 2010 (2012/2014/2016) I’ve always had my phone on launch day. Today looks no different, UPS delivery to home is happening today (received my email last night around 8). My only concern is that I won’t be home most of the day...so if they attempt delivery I’m not 100% it’ll be back at my local UPS customer service location before they close at 8pm. Here’s hoping!
Good luck all!

Yampz
I plan to stick around
Awesome! Good luck. I got here at 530am - Mall is open - I am only one at Rogers - there was a line at apple but nothing crazy. They are giving out numbers and I got 14 in case Rogers does not have any. Kind of hoping mine doesn’t switch to “shipped” until I see what is going on here.... haha - happy launch day everyone!

tonyf536
I plan to stick around
Same here, no. 1 in queue with status still ‘open.’ This happens every year to business customers.

nintenchris123
I plan to stick around
I got my preorder in the morning of preorders at 5am for home delivery and STILL don’t have an email saying it’s dispatched. Not happy

Sam12345
I'm here a lot
Still no shipping email. Everything is updated on MyRogers. Guess it won’t be today 😞

nintenchris123
I plan to stick around
Sam12345. All we can hope for now is that they are doing same day shipping, I’m located in Toronto.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @kkk777

They should have it by now. Go in today and tell them you have the tracking into it and know it there.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Yampz

I used to line up every single year until last year and today. It was so much fun back in 2009-2015. Now it's all online pre orders. Apple uses to give our waters / chocolates to us. Now they don't do much lol.

I'm heading to the Telus store around 9am EST to get my watch that's on hold. Phone shows delivery today.

I hope u get one!