Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Just got a call. My phone is in store for pick up tomorrow!
I've Been Here Awhile

Hey Meowmix, I reserved the silver iPhone Xs Max 256GB at 5:00 am on Sept. 14 and I was in Position 1.  Today I'm still in Position 1 and the status is OPEN.  Is this normal?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @discokid

Is this for business or consumer?
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi @Meowmix, sorry, I should have said. It is for consumer, for shipment to my local store.
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers Coverage is actually horrible in my past experience using it with my iphone 7+. I cancelled it and am going with apple care only.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @discokid

Hmm that's weird. I think maybe they didn't get any of that one or maybe a delay in the system
I Plan to Stick Around

@Daveftw how was it bad? I got it last year for my iPhone X but haven't had to use it yet. I was wondering wether to keep it this year for the XS.
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello @Meowmix, thanks, ya I was wondering about that as well since others that ordered the same colour have said they haven't seen any movement either.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @PhiliPhone

Many have complained online here and on their social media sites that Brightstar the company they deal with don't Honor the warranty claims and have to pay to get it fixed. This isn't the first time I have seen someone say this. Many have. Unfortunately Rogers has a contract with them so they can't just terminate it.
I Plan to Stick Around

@PhiliPhone

My screen cracked on my 7+. I had rogers care. 

It took 2 days worth of back and forth phone calls with rogers to get the replacement initiated. 

Once the replacement was initiated, they gave me two options.

1) Use an actual flip phone as a loaner for 4 to 6 weeks while they replaced the screen.

2) Use my own phone, for 4-6 weeks. 

Neither of which were really an option for me that I wanted, but I opted for option 2. 

8 weeks without a phone, I got mine back and it was actually a different phone entirely. It was a used 7+ that had ALOT of wear  marks all over it and small scratches over the screen, and there was actually still data on it that belonged to whoever sent it into them. 

After this happened it was another 2 to 3 weeks of waiting to get my original phone back. When I received it, the screen wasn't installed properly. That's where it sits now, just over a year later. 

The worst part of this is they charged $200 for the service, and $10 a month to "subscribe" to it.

The worst part IMO of rogers care, is that it's not rogers at all one bit. 

You're paying for coverage through a 3rd party insurance. These 3rd party companies are changing all the time too. I've noticed 2 or 3 different companies they use in the last 2 years.