Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Getting Rogers to add AC+ monthly to your account is one thing

Getting Apple to actually activate the AC+ on the phone and send you the certificate is a whole other thing

That was a nice 6-10 hours of my life spent on the line with Rogers and Apple last November when I got my X.  

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @PhiliPhone

Yes you have 60 days to add it after FTE of purchase however you can't add it at the Apple store as a monthly payment like you can with Rogers or Telus or Bell.

At the Apple store u need to pay full pop upfront instead of monthly.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix. Actually you can add the monthly AC+ for Rogers at the Apple store. I called my local Apple store (Bayshore, Ottawa) the other day and he confirmed that it can be added. So let's hope he is right. Probably best to call your local Apple store just to make sure.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @saupaui

I hope he is because normally the carriers only allow you to do it monthly right when you buy the phone. However you have 60 days to add AppleCare on the device if bought full pop. That's how it's always been and same with last year.

Hopefully he is right and they change it. However I don't see it being mentioned a anywhere on there site that after u get the phone, a couple days later u can add AppleCare as a monthly payment. That can only be done if you add that on right when u are doing the upgrade.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

My iPhone XS Max 64GB SG shipped from Telus this morning.

I got the email certification which shows the IMEI of the device and the name of the device and its been activated as of today for AppleCare. Called Apple and they verified its been activated as of this morning on their end. So Telus seems to be more proactive on this

So I think that was only a Rogers problem from what I remembered last year since I was doing the same and worked fine with Telus.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Meowmix wow that's some nice efficiency over at Telus

I remember having to physically take a screenshot of my rogers profile showing AC+ monthly addon and my device IMEI as proof that I had the AC+ monthly (and send that to Apple) lol.

I've spent quite a bit of quality time over the years sorting out Rogers related shenanigans.  

Poured 8 hours and counting into the AW3 activation.  I'm hoping to keep it under 10.  

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

Yeah I wonder why their systems are slow on activating things or being more proactive. I never understood that. They know many will add AppleCare on their end.

So I think they didn't design the system to work hand in hand with Apple and just let it be.

Yeah i seen that on the watch thread.
I Plan to Stick Around

hmm thanks for the tip! i'll definitely try that

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @Meowmix,

Your are correct that if you want the monthly AC+ option, you must buy it right away when you get your new phone. When I was speaking to an agent from the OOTP, I had mentioned that I was picking up the phones from the Apple store and wondered if they sold the monthly AC+ from Rogers. She confirmed that it was fine in the past but wasn't sure if that was the case now so she recommended that I call the Apple store. If not, then I will need to pay the full cost for AC+ thru Apple. Only positive on that option was you have a limited time to decide if you want it or not. And no, you cannot pick up your new phones and bring it to a Rogers store to purchase the monthly plan. No worries on my part tho as I plan to pay for the plan in full. But those who are planning on picking up their phones at the Apple store and want to go with the monthly payment route for AC+, they offer it (at least at my local Apple store).
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have got the Rogers coverage instead, it also covers theft.