cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey Everyone!

Welcome back to my annual iPhone Reservation thread!  Once again its the time of the year that Apple will be announcing their new iPhone line up in a few hrs!. Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Apple iPhoneXs / Xr and Xs Max to the reservation list & the day comes follow the steps below to reserve the new device! The devices will include 3 devices, new color options and bigger displays! 

How to reserve if you’re an existing customer:

1. Log in to My Account on Rogers.com

2. Under Account choose Wireless.

3. Go to Manage My Device at the bottom of the page.

4. Click Upgrade My Device.

5. Choose The new iPhone ( which ever model you want) as a “ Pre order

6. Pick either Ship To Home or Ship To store (Device Reservation)

7. Choose a phone from the Phone Model drop-down.

1. Only phones that can be reserved will appear.

7. Review the account information next to your selection.

1. The email address must be auto-populated in the right section of the reservation form. Otherwise, you can’t reserve a device.

2. If the email is not auto-populated, first add the email address in the appropriate field of your My Account profile. Then, log out and log back in.

8. Select a store to pick up your phone.

9. Review the reservation details and click I AGREE to accept the Terms and Conditions.

10. Click Reserve to complete the reservation. A store representative will call you when the device is ready for pick-up.

How to reserve if you’re a new customer

1. Go to https://www.rogers.com/web/link/DeviceReservation?forwardTo=nrsRegisteredCustomer

2. Click Sign Up and enter your email address. ( It may tell you to also input all your info again.)

3. Under Phone Information, choose the device you want to reserve, and click Continue. Only devices available for reservation will appear.

4. Fill out the form under Personal Details and click Continue.

5. Fill out the Payment Details for the refundable $40 reservation fee and click Continue.

6. Select a store for device pick-up and click Continue.

7. Review the reservation details and click I AGREE to accept the Terms and Conditions.

8. Click Reserve to complete the reservation. A store representative will call you when the device is ready for pick-up.

Online Statuses

Open - Phone has been reserved

In Progress - Phone is in inventory and the order is being processed

Shipped - Phone is on its way to the chosen store

Cancelled - Reservation has been cancelled

Keeping you up posted along the way

1. You’ll receive the following confirmations:

2. An email after completing the reservation

3. Weekly status emails confirming you number in line on the waiting list

4. An email when the device has been shipped to the store. (Includes a delivery tracking number)

5. Phone call from a store representative when the device is ready for pick-up

Good things to know

1. Phone can only be reserved, not purchased ( The purchase of the device will be done in store)

2. You can change the pick-up location when the online order status is open. If the order status is in progress or shipped, the location cannot be changed

3. Shipments typically take up 4 days, and your device is held in store for 3 days ( The delivery can be next day in most cases)

4. If you don’t pick up your phone within 3 days, the reservation will be cancelled and be sold to a walk in customer. You can make alternate arrangements with the store manager if need be.

5. Only the account holder or an authorized level 1 user (someone authorized to make changes on the account) can pick up the phone. Photo ID is required when picking up the phone.

6. If a reservation was made to a location that is now closed, We’ll send the device to the closest Rogers store or authorized dealer in the area. The new store will contact you when the device arrives and is ready for pick up.

Reservation Fee

What about this $40 reservation fee? Will it be returned to me?” You betcha. You’ll get a credit of $40 (+ taxes) for the reservation fee on your account if you reserved as an existing customer or to the original credit card if you reserved to activate a new line. Your reservation fee will be credited when:

1. Your phone ships from our warehouse or

2. You cancel your reservation online.

Before you go to the store to pick up your new phone, why not get a quote for your old phone and trade it in for a credit!

Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

.For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

They also started last year a pre ordering system done online being charged on your CC ( Credit card) imminently and having the device shipped to your home instead. 2 years ago with the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus and last year with the 8 &8+ with the X the ones that picked this way got it the day of launch or day after launch but only a few did. Not everyone. This way is a good way but sadly u do not see any status updates like u do with the reservation system and only get a confirmation email and a shipment email. ( some did not get any email until the unit got shipped with QMS or UPS). Please do remember. Using the SHIP TO HOME option does NOT give u any insight of updates or status. You will only get notified when it ships out.

now its alot to read at the moment but i am trying to cover all the bases for everyone so everyone knows how the reservation works and what they need to know! as always do not be afraid to ask any question you have as I or any other member will answer it for you. I will do my best and answer all questions Cat Happy

712 REPLIES 712

Re: Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor
^bud read the first page in this thread. You won’t get status updates with ship to home. Just a shipping email once it ships

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys!

Who ever reserved via the Rogers business side I would like to explain this again so you guys are aware.

Rogers tends to hold back the business reservations a day or so after the launch for consumers to get it. I noticed this with all reservations but 1. The Note 8 was the only one that business customers had theirs shipped the day before the launch.

So they may ship them out today but unfortunately if the status still shows Open on the business side by tonight, then don't get ur hopes up for tomorrow.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Ssambhi1

You are welcome! Ang information is all posted on Page 1 post 1 as well if u need.

Yampz
I plan to stick around
Business side works differently I think according to some posts here. Check tonight - but if nothing - we might be waiting a bit - my plan is to go to a rogers store early tomorrow and see if they have any and it so cancel my pre order. Does anyone know if we can upgrade in store on business sode of things?

Thanks,

tristanpaglia
I plan to stick around
@Yampz iPhone Xs 256gb space grey?! You sure? I just checked I’m still 4th

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Yampz

Yes i explained that during my post on page 1, post 1.

Business reservations mostly ship out after the consumer ones. They also have different statuses ( Open, activation, finalization, shipped).

Unfortunately most Rogers corporate stores do not accept business clients or corporate accounts. Only some Rogers authorized stores do however. You need to contact each store and see.

Yampz
I plan to stick around
Sorry - mine is the max.

bsnider001
I plan to stick around
Just a checklist to make sure I’m good here:

1. My device I ordered has shipped as of Tuesday night but no phone call as of yet. (Will this be an issue?)
2. I have my discount code from my work union to apply to my new contract tomorrow.
3. Ordered the cases I wanted in advance so I don’t accidentally break the new phone on launch weekend (lol).
4. Tonight I’m going to prepare the iPhone I wish to trade in tomorrow for recycling (wiping the device, etc.)

Am I missing anything important?

Yampz
I plan to stick around
Yeah, I saw your posts thank you. I was still hopeful though. I don’t think this is fair but hey, what can you do. Thanks for the info - I will call around today then!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @bsnider001

1). Some stores don't call until the day before or the day off. You can call the store and see if they can tell you its there.
2). That should be fine unless they have a issue at their own systems. I doubt it though as when I worked at Best Buy, our discount codes worked at any Rogers location.
3) So did I. Unfortunately Amazon and Spigen have yet to ship it however it shows delivery date today at 8. So Amazon gave me $20 to buy from their own things as a inconvenience.
4) Back up the device and then do a factory reset. Make sure the device is charged as well so they can test it before accepting it.

Nope you are all set! Make sure you bring a piece of Government Photo ID and the amount of money for the phone to pay out.

bsnider001
I plan to stick around
Thanks for your prompt response.

Regarding the payment up front, is debit okay or do they prefer other payment types?

I’m gonna call them probably today to ask about my device just to double check.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @bsnider001

Debit, credit card or cash is accepted!.

bsnider001
I plan to stick around
Just called the Rogers store I shipped my preorder to and they told me they haven’t received their shipments yet. So even though mine was shipped Tuesday night, the store hasn’t received it yet. The guy did tell me to call back in the afternoon though to double check.

If they don’t get it in by tonight then I might have to wait until tomorrow afternoon to get mine, which is kind of disappointing but I do work that day so it would work out.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @bsnider001

Most likely UPS delayed it by a day. You can try going into the UPS website and track it but u have to put ur phone number or name under reference and see.

bsnider001
I plan to stick around
Rogers and/or UPS didn’t give me a tracking number for my order. I only got the email saying it was shipped.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @bsnider001

Yes i know. However as i said some of us in the past were able to track it down using our name or phone number in the reference section on the UPS website without Rogers giving us the tracking number. For some it works but some doesn't.

brararsh
I plan to stick around

Ship to home order: Both phones 256 Max Gold are getting displayed on my rogers page now. 🙂

No shipping email yet, just got an email of new contract. So will I get tomorrow?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @brararsh

That means they have both device for you and ready to ship out tonight / tomorrow!

Radz108
I plan to stick around

Just wondering. Does it matter how you reserved your phone? I did not use the “upgrade your device” tab but I went straight to the “reserve device” link below it and reserved the phones there to ship to store in the early morning of the 14th. Both phones that I reserved are still showing open status only despite being 22 and 25th in que and reserving them on the 14th. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Radz108

It doesn't matter how it's being ordered. They have a set amount set for reservations for stores, pre orders online for ship to store, store orders and business.

v717
I've been around

New to forum so I apologize if this was already answered.  I pre-ordered two phones an sx max 256 gold was position 157 and an xs max 256 silver position 19 on sept. 14.  I can't access them on the reservation site to see status but when I call rogers they do show the orders on their system  I got an email with a confirmation of shipment to store for the 

gold one but nothing yet for the Silver.  Shouldn't the silver one been shipped out already considering it was position 19 on pre-order day at 6 am? and why can't i access the information on the reservation page?

Thanks in advance for your reply