Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

@Jayhoe just make sure the rep doesn't manhandle your new toy lol

I'm Here A Lot

@nasa25 Lol! Thank you for the reminder, I will definitely make sure of that. Otherwise, I'll request to activate and set it up myself. 

I Plan to Stick Around

I may be stating the obvious. The only way I was able to see any change in status from “Open” to “in progress”. Was yo use the link at the bottom of the initial preorder email. This link took me to the reservation page where indeed I saw the change in status. I have not received an email or text from Rogers related to this update and assume I will revive one upon notice of shipping.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Timcooper

It could also be a glitch in the system from doing so.. I know this has happened before..
I Plan to Stick Around

Not sure if it's been asked before and it's been a while since I've done the in-store upgrade.  Does the cost of the phone go on your next month's invoice or does it get paid upfront, in-store?

I've Been Around

Mine is in Progress now, but I have not received and communication from rogers about the reservation, no emails or texts when I made it or when the progress changed?

I Plan to Stick Around

I preordered an iPhone Xs from Rogers on Saturday this past weekend (September 15th). My position was originally 23 for the iPhone Xs 64 GB in silver. As of last night it’s been shipped to my store of choice.

I’m currently using an unlocked iPhone 7+ on Rogers on no-term but I plan to sign the 2 year contract and get an ultra plan. This brings me to some questions:

1. If I change my primary line to a 2 year term contract, does that affect any other lines in my plan?
2. I have an iPhone SE I plan to trade in at the time of pickup. It’s an unlocked 128 GB rose gold. Will the Rogers store take that?

This is my first Rogers based upgrade and my first iPhone launch preorder.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Snatcher

The cost of the new device has to be laid upfront when doing the upgrade
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @bsnider001

1. It shouldn't do anything to the other lines since it's only upgrading on one of the lines.
2. Yes they will. They will give u the amount the system tells them to for the trade in offer.

I Plan to Stick Around

Wow thanks for the quick response! I appreciate that.

I’m very excited for the new upgrade. I’m hoping to be happy on Friday.

I’ve also ordered a red iPhone Xs case from Apple. Says that’s for Monday but I’m hoping that also is available Friday.