Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Thanks so much! Yeah I preorsered the max 256gb space grey - 4th/155 -excited that it may actually ce Friday! - Rogers told me 3-5 weeks!
I Plan to Stick Around

I believe it says 1-3 weeks as well on Rogersdirect.ca, and they just quote off that. When I called and spoke to an agent about getting my MSF cheaper and more GB, didn’t work out as planned but I got a generous dollar amount off the device price and it says $0.00 upgrade fee on Rogersdirect.ca
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I had initially pre-ordered and chose ship to home as the option, but then canceled and did ship to store. But I have a negative balance from the ship to home order that wasn't returned to my bank. Will the store be able to credit this negative balance, or is there a way to get my negative balance back?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Kam

Unfortunately the store can not credit anything since they aren't the ones that did this order..

It will take 3-5 business days for you to get everything sorted out with that. The store can only process a upgrade or new activation.
I'm Here A Lot

Just a quick update. I was originally #91 on queue on september 14, dropped to #87 and finally #83 and last night Status changed to "in progress" as well. I ordered an iphone XS Max 256gb in Space Grey. Ship to store for pickup. @Meowmix You were right. I might actually end up getting it for launch! Thanks again

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Jayhoe

Yay! Good to hear that it's been moved into IN PROGRESS status! 🙂
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

What’s the benefit of ship to store?

I honestly can’t find one.

- Have to pay for the device when you pick it up
- Have to drive to the store
- Have to wait for probably hours while the activation systems crash
- Have the employee potentially manhandle your new baby

Doesn’t make much sense to me.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

Some prefer to deal with a agent face to face and they can set up the phone for them. While yes some don't like having their phones set up by others, others don't mind it and get helpful tips and also the stores do give a small discount on cases or screen protectors when doing a upgrade in store ( it's up to each store managers discretion).

Also a big reason is shipment. If you do ship to home, you have to stay home all day until it arrives. With ship to store, you get a call to go pick it up and you don't waste the whole day waiting around.

Those are the two main reasons
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah I get my ship to home automatically redirected to a UPS point to grab at my leisure and also like setting it up myself.

But you make valid points. After the Rogers rep destroyed the sim tray on my gf’s iPhone 8 last year I’ll never do ship to store again (except for the watch that doesn’t give the ship to home option and will be a sight to behold come Friday in store activations)

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

Yeah it all depends on the experience with past upgrades in store. With Telus I did my pre order and only option was ship to home. Shoes ship date Sept 20th. So I took Friday off to go to Telus store and pick up the watch early morning and then stay home and do some front yard work while waiting for the phone to come in. Rogers is the only one that does ship to store pre orders.

All in all, it's up to each person on how they want to go about doing the upgrade / pre order. Some don't wait to wait all day and want to do other things or work. Some don't mind waiting all day for the phone.

Remember UPS goes on its own time. So they have until 7pm to deliver the phone to you. Even at a UPS waypoint. I did that with a Cat (work shoes) even picking the UPS store for pick up, it was dropped off at 4pm. So waiting around all day was unnecessary for me.