Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

True. If someone orders now then no way they’re getting it by Friday

I Plan to Stick Around

Hey guys!

I just got an email and text message saying my iPhone Xs is now being shipped!
Does this mean I may get it prior to Friday? Smiley Surprised

(I was #10 for the iPhone Xs 64GB)
I Plan to Stick Around

@wongnog wrote:

@saupaui wrote:
My status for the Gold Xs Max 256 Gb just changed to "In Progress" from "Open". I was originally #33 in the queue when I reserved but it went down to 29 earlier today.

Same here! Moved from Open to In Progess this morning, and was at #86 last night for a Gold Xs Max 256Gb

Got a text and then an email informing me that my phone has shipped to my local Rogers store.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SabrinaMolella

Thats great!. No. Just means it's being shipped to the store tomorrow or Thrusday. They can't release the device to you until Friday.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It’s not a question of not doing research, it’s a question that even on the device reservation page it says “pay later and ship to store”. I completely understand if they want to change the policy, especially if they were getting stiffed a lot, but for those of us who don’t frequent the boards except during launch times or never heard of the policy change because we don’t order phones every year, it’s a surprise. I had planned as I always do to pay for it at my next billing cycle as I have every couple of years. Now it’ll be just a little longer since I’m sure phones won’t be available for quite some time now.

I did chat with a nice online rep to provide my feedback on the lack of all info on the reservation page, who said she would raise it with those concerned.

Maybe I’ll even forget about it all together for now. C’est la vie. Thanks for the feedback/info.
I Plan to Stick Around

Text and email confirmation of shipping to store. First time ever being able to get s phone on launch day. 256 xs max gold.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Pay now and ship to home means that it’s billed to your account when you pre-order it. So it shows up on the next billing cycle. You have a liability to pay that money basically right away.

Ship to store and pay later means you don’t have a liability to pay for the item when you pre-order, but you have to pay for it in store.

Pay/billed is the same in Rogers terminology. Ship to home, billed now (the second you order). Ship to store, billed later (once you pick up the device).

From a cash flow perspective, ship to home would obviously be better because you have at least a net 20-30 to actually pay the bill.

I Plan to Stick Around

I preordered from rogers (small business account) and it days 4th/155 in the que. I see many people have status switched to in progress on here. Mine still says open. What are the chances I recieve my phone Friday? No option to ship to store when preordering this way...awesome some of you look like you might get it soon!
I Plan to Stick Around

I ordered the iPhone XS Max 64GB Space Grey and I am small business as well, I am 4/60 or something and I believe they start to ship tomorrow for Friday. Keep checking the Rogersdirect.ca website and you will see the updates.
I Plan to Stick Around

Just got my email and text notification that my iPhone Xs Max has shipped to my store!