Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Hello @JeromeM

Exactly. Some don't do research so they wouldn't know or even know rules changed. I even posted this back in 2017 February when Mobilesyrup posted it. However the stores started doing it way earlier then that. ( only selected stores in September 2016).

Unfortunately they have to pay the device price upfront to do upgrades. Bell, Telus, Fido, Koodo, Virgin and even the smaller ones do this since last year.
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix:
Do you mean the Apple Store or Rogers?
Thanks!

“Hello @Ducker

Yes you can once you receive the device. You will have to go straight to the store and do it when you get it.

They will have to reverse the upgrade and then do a new upgrade with the new device.

You have 15 days to do the return the device in the condition you Recieved it in. ( no damage and no missing accessories that came with it).”

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Ducker

If you want to return the phone back ( if you did a pre order with Rogers) you will need to return it back to Rogers and they have to reverse the upgrade on the account. Then you can head over to Apple and do the upgrade there if they have the phone u want.

You can't return a phone you got from Rogers to Apple. All returns or exchanges have to be done at the location you got the phone from. Even if u do a ship to home order, it has to be returned back to Rogers first. If the Rogers store has the memory you like, they will still have to do a return of the device u have and redo the upgrade.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

Yeah exactly, it's not like having it on your bill means you can pay it off monthly, once you get the bill you have to pay it in full.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Really?!? Then it must have been right after the 2016 launch because I didn’t have to pay upfront when I picked up my iPhone 7 Plus in late Sept 2016.

Well that sucks...I guess someone will be getting my Xs then.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@SlyM

Order via ship to home. Then it goes on your monthly bill

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SlyM

Only ship to home orders are able to charge it on the bill. You have a pick that way. Upfront via CC or bill. As long as your account is up to date and u don't have a u past suspensions on the account.

As I said before. It was for selected store trial. My store was one of them.. In February of 2017 is when they started rolling it out to all stores. Again all carrier stores are doing this because many don't end up either paying their bills on time and let the device balance pilling up so it ends up going to collections. Also it's easier for some customers to pay upfront at one instead of waiting for the bill to come..

If you can't pay it on Friday then I guess you will have to wait to upgrade at another time. The stores can't reverse this either. The system won't allow the upgrade to go through even if they tried.

Best Buy is doing the same as well.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

Yes that is correct. You have the option to pay it in full with a CC or put it on the bill. However doing it this way not will cause them to get the device in a week or so.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Meowmix

Yup. I ordered my X via ship to home last year and had it on launch. So it’s been good in my experience.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

Depends on when you ordered the device.. If it was ordered right in the pre order start date then you will get it at launch. If it's a day or so before the actual launch then you have a 75% chance of not getting it at launch.

Maybe they will be lucky and get it.. Who knows.