Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

I pre-ordered (home delivery) an XsMax 64GB, but in retrospect would like to go with a 256GB. Am I able to modify the pre-order?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Ducker

Unfortunately you will have to cancel the pre order and redo a new pre order.. This will cause a delay in shipment and you may have to wait a couple days to a week since it's 3 days before launch.

You should be able to cancel but I'm not 100% for pre orders.
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok, so if I decide I’d like to “exchange” the phone, is that a possibility through the Apple store or Rogers?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Ducker

Yes you can once you receive the device. You will have to go straight to the store and do it when you get it.

They will have to reverse the upgrade and then do a new upgrade with the new device.

You have 15 days to do the return the device in the condition you Recieved it in. ( no damage and no missing accessories that came with it).
I Plan to Stick Around

@PhiliPhone: I was informed by a Roger's rep today that I will need to pay the unsubsidized portion upon pickup of the phone. This applies to the Apple store or at a Rogers. They used to charge it to your next bill but not anymore.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @saupaui

Yes that is correct. All stores require this. Even Apple
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The unsubsidized portion is the new device price.  It's the same thing.

Didn't this change like 2 years ago (that you now have to pay for the device cost up front)?

example : $599 device cost plus $900 subsidy = $1499 (retail cost of iPhoneXYZ at Apple)

Previous tab/device balance of say $200.

When you pick up the phone in store you'd pay the $599 plus tax up front.

You'd be billed $200 plus tax on your next invoice to pay off the subsidy of your prior phone

Your new device balance would now be $900 (subsidized portion) and would be depleted over the course of 24 months in equal monthly installments. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

I'm way to tired right now to know the difference 🤣🤣.

Yes it is. All carriers require you to pay upfront the new device price when doing a new activation or upgrade.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yup what you said was correct

Advertised/subsidized cost paid up front

Old device balance charged to your account

I'm a Reliable Contributor

what is this junk?! since forever upgrades always went on my bill and all was fine isnt that the point of these contracts to make it somewhat affordable and not drain u instantly at the counter? my iphone 7 plus and all before it were on the bill and this better be like that too..