cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey Everyone!

Welcome back to my annual iPhone Reservation thread!  Once again its the time of the year that Apple will be announcing their new iPhone line up in a few hrs!. Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Apple iPhoneXs / Xr and Xs Max to the reservation list & the day comes follow the steps below to reserve the new device! The devices will include 3 devices, new color options and bigger displays! 

How to reserve if you’re an existing customer:

1. Log in to My Account on Rogers.com

2. Under Account choose Wireless.

3. Go to Manage My Device at the bottom of the page.

4. Click Upgrade My Device.

5. Choose The new iPhone ( which ever model you want) as a “ Pre order

6. Pick either Ship To Home or Ship To store (Device Reservation)

7. Choose a phone from the Phone Model drop-down.

1. Only phones that can be reserved will appear.

7. Review the account information next to your selection.

1. The email address must be auto-populated in the right section of the reservation form. Otherwise, you can’t reserve a device.

2. If the email is not auto-populated, first add the email address in the appropriate field of your My Account profile. Then, log out and log back in.

8. Select a store to pick up your phone.

9. Review the reservation details and click I AGREE to accept the Terms and Conditions.

10. Click Reserve to complete the reservation. A store representative will call you when the device is ready for pick-up.

How to reserve if you’re a new customer

1. Go to https://www.rogers.com/web/link/DeviceReservation?forwardTo=nrsRegisteredCustomer

2. Click Sign Up and enter your email address. ( It may tell you to also input all your info again.)

3. Under Phone Information, choose the device you want to reserve, and click Continue. Only devices available for reservation will appear.

4. Fill out the form under Personal Details and click Continue.

5. Fill out the Payment Details for the refundable $40 reservation fee and click Continue.

6. Select a store for device pick-up and click Continue.

7. Review the reservation details and click I AGREE to accept the Terms and Conditions.

8. Click Reserve to complete the reservation. A store representative will call you when the device is ready for pick-up.

Online Statuses

Open - Phone has been reserved

In Progress - Phone is in inventory and the order is being processed

Shipped - Phone is on its way to the chosen store

Cancelled - Reservation has been cancelled

Keeping you up posted along the way

1. You’ll receive the following confirmations:

2. An email after completing the reservation

3. Weekly status emails confirming you number in line on the waiting list

4. An email when the device has been shipped to the store. (Includes a delivery tracking number)

5. Phone call from a store representative when the device is ready for pick-up

Good things to know

1. Phone can only be reserved, not purchased ( The purchase of the device will be done in store)

2. You can change the pick-up location when the online order status is open. If the order status is in progress or shipped, the location cannot be changed

3. Shipments typically take up 4 days, and your device is held in store for 3 days ( The delivery can be next day in most cases)

4. If you don’t pick up your phone within 3 days, the reservation will be cancelled and be sold to a walk in customer. You can make alternate arrangements with the store manager if need be.

5. Only the account holder or an authorized level 1 user (someone authorized to make changes on the account) can pick up the phone. Photo ID is required when picking up the phone.

6. If a reservation was made to a location that is now closed, We’ll send the device to the closest Rogers store or authorized dealer in the area. The new store will contact you when the device arrives and is ready for pick up.

Reservation Fee

What about this $40 reservation fee? Will it be returned to me?” You betcha. You’ll get a credit of $40 (+ taxes) for the reservation fee on your account if you reserved as an existing customer or to the original credit card if you reserved to activate a new line. Your reservation fee will be credited when:

1. Your phone ships from our warehouse or

2. You cancel your reservation online.

Before you go to the store to pick up your new phone, why not get a quote for your old phone and trade it in for a credit!

Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

.For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

They also started last year a pre ordering system done online being charged on your CC ( Credit card) imminently and having the device shipped to your home instead. 2 years ago with the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus and last year with the 8 &8+ with the X the ones that picked this way got it the day of launch or day after launch but only a few did. Not everyone. This way is a good way but sadly u do not see any status updates like u do with the reservation system and only get a confirmation email and a shipment email. ( some did not get any email until the unit got shipped with QMS or UPS). Please do remember. Using the SHIP TO HOME option does NOT give u any insight of updates or status. You will only get notified when it ships out.

now its alot to read at the moment but i am trying to cover all the bases for everyone so everyone knows how the reservation works and what they need to know! as always do not be afraid to ask any question you have as I or any other member will answer it for you. I will do my best and answer all questions Cat Happy

712 REPLIES 712

Re: Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Ducker
I plan to stick around
I was on a premium plan (XsMax would cost 998 or something crazy) , and wanted to get the up-front cost down. Moving to an ultra plan was out of the question because I’d be spending at least $60 more/month (x24months!) for equal or less services/data.
In the end loyalty offered me a premium + plan for just $10 more, and they gave me a $10/month discount for 12months plus a $100 credit...and no $30 fee.
For context, ive been using (and PAYING for!) iPhone with Rogers for 10 years. Not sure if this makes any difference, but I hope it does.
Good long-term customers are important.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @nasa25

Yeah that seems like a jump. I don't know seems like since the 3 year contracts disappeared, the carrier have taken advantage of the customers and charge them throw the roof for a plan. It's insane

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor
@Meowmix

Yeah I’ve tried probably 2-3 times over the past few months to upgrade my subsidy tier. Every time the retentions rep has told me not to. Says my plan is pretty much optimized right now and there’s nothing better they can offer.

FYI I spend about $380 a month with Rogers wireless. So they’re making some decent coin off of me.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey @nasa25

Yeah seems like alot.. I dont know why they can't just change the plan to a lower one after u do the upgrade like another carrier did (for me). As I said, I changed my plan to the $110 one so I can get the phone on the lowest price. Then change it to the $95 one and I was fine since it's almost $20 difference from my old plan.. Plus they gave me 2GB more for free (total 21GB).

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys!

Some information posting here. It seems like Rogers and Bell are the ones that will support ESIM on the new iPhone XS and XS Max.

" In the Canadian market both Rogers and Bell plan to support eSIM technology with the iPhone XS and XS Max."

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/09/14/apple-says-dual-sim-support-is-coming-to-the-iphone-xs-in-upcomin...

SabrinaMolella
I plan to stick around
Honestly, I’m annoyed for a few reasons;

1) I’ve been with Rogers for 10+ years and I pay my own bills, never had an issue with Rogers, etc. and they never offer me anything, even when I request some sort of deal/discount.

2) I called them and asked if they would be willing to give me the Iphone XS for $430 and if I choose the 4 GB plan (for $125 with Canada wide calling) and if they would throw in like 2 extra GB for the same price. The person at the loyalty department said it’s best that I call and sort this “deal” out once I have the phone in hand. Why does everyone else receive these discounts but when I inquire about it, they say I shouldn’t at this point? I just don’t want to get screwed over once I receive the phone and then they say “oops, sorry, I can’t provide that...” that’s all. I just want the security of knowing. I just don’t find it fair... 😕

Ducker
I plan to stick around
Some things to keep in mind are your tone and choice of words. I approach it as though they are doing me a HUGE favor (HaHa), as opposed to ‘they owe me something’.
I also mention (and truthfully so), that I’m constantly being bombarded with expensive & personalized marketing from Bell. They want my business back, and I’d likely get a better deal if I went back, at least initially. I say these things, but I also tell the other side of the story...that I’m generally a happy Rogers customer, and I don’t want to switch providers. That said, what is Rogers willing to do to keep me? It’s exponentially more expensive for them to sign a new customer than it is to keep an existing one. That approach usually works for me.
Important to mention that I have an impeccable record with them. Good luck!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @SabrinaMolella

I'm not with Rogers but the carrier I am with changed my plan after a few issues I had with my pre order.

They moved me down from The Platinum $115 which I needed to get to get the device price on the lowest price and they moved me to the Platnium $95 afterwords.. I was paying $75 before ( this is just voice). I was paying $65 for 12GB data and I have another 7GB for $5 ( 4GB free, 2GB $5 and Apple watch 1GB). When doing the pre order all that got lost so the lovely lady with her manager got everything back up for $70. A $5 jump which I don't mind..

They did this because not only the screw up but they noticed the amount of money I was paying before and paying now with the new rate plans.. So they helped me out. They also gave me 50% off on my device balance ($495 so I am only paying around $245) and also giving me 50% off on my remaining balance on my AW3 ($340 remaining so paying half of that). I can only do that if I open a new line with the new apple watch and the close that one down.

All in all its how you speak to them and the agent. Some agents are willing to help but some aren't. Also if no agent doesn't want to help, ask for a manager. If the manager is still not willing to help, you can have ur request escalated to the Office of the President. They will get back to u in 24-48hrs. They should be able to help you out. This agent and her manager went above and beyond to help out. We need more reps and managers like them.

SabrinaMolella
I plan to stick around
Haha, I get it. But I’ve always been amazing to them - tone of voice, the manner in which I speak to them, etc. I don’t make it seem as if they “owe ME something,” ever.

Also, I have always, and will continue to mantiain an impeccable record to them as well. 🙂

Mind you, I am also spending $149 every month for 7 GB of data. I also believe that that that is quite a large amount of money as well...

Ducker
I plan to stick around
@SabrinaMolella
That seems high. I’m paying $175 after tax for 3 lines in a share everything plan. 16GB.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Ducker

All depends on the plan.. Older Share everything plans have cheaper rate plans vs let's say the new Ultra plans or the Premium + plans. One could cost $100 +$65 each line. That could be around $240 with taxes for 3 lines at that point. Mind you each line will get a higher plan if they wish to get a flagship phone as the flagship phones require newer plans to get cheaper upfront pricing.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @lenabanana

As I posted on Page 1 post 1. All ship to home pre orders will not get a status que number or able to see their position. They will only get a email saying when its been shipped.

Only ship to store reservations see the que number and status.

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

Anyone having trouble accessing their reservation on the reservation site?  Used to show my number but now it just brings up the original reservation page with all the choice....

I caved and ordered an Apple Watch 4 lol

impmarion
I plan to stick around

Am #1 of 81 for iPhone XS Max 256GB Gold with a small business account, status is written as "Open" - when should I expect to receive an e-mail confirming shipment or see a change of status?

Timcooper
I plan to stick around
I have only been able to access the reservation number from the link in the initial reservation email.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @impmarion

The statues will change when the phone is being activated and finalized for you. Once it's shipped u will receive a email with the tracking number and letting u know its been shipped out.

Jayhoe
I'm here a lot

I'm currently on Queue at #87... Anyone have an idea of how long of a wait time I should be expecting?

Thanks!

Jayhoe
I'm here a lot
Forgot to mention, it's a ship to store for pickup option.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Jayhoe

Since it seems like all pre orders done even today from Apple show delivery the 21st till the 27th. You should be getting it at launch or a day or so after. Launch seems more realistic

@Meowmix Thanks for your quick reply! It's very reassuring. I was hoping to get it at launch. 87 didn't seem to be like a promising number.