Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

I was on a premium plan (XsMax would cost 998 or something crazy) , and wanted to get the up-front cost down. Moving to an ultra plan was out of the question because I’d be spending at least $60 more/month (x24months!) for equal or less services/data.
In the end loyalty offered me a premium + plan for just $10 more, and they gave me a $10/month discount for 12months plus a $100 credit...and no $30 fee.
For context, ive been using (and PAYING for!) iPhone with Rogers for 10 years. Not sure if this makes any difference, but I hope it does.
Good long-term customers are important.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

Yeah that seems like a jump. I don't know seems like since the 3 year contracts disappeared, the carrier have taken advantage of the customers and charge them throw the roof for a plan. It's insane
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Meowmix

Yeah I’ve tried probably 2-3 times over the past few months to upgrade my subsidy tier. Every time the retentions rep has told me not to. Says my plan is pretty much optimized right now and there’s nothing better they can offer.

FYI I spend about $380 a month with Rogers wireless. So they’re making some decent coin off of me.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey @nasa25

Yeah seems like alot.. I dont know why they can't just change the plan to a lower one after u do the upgrade like another carrier did (for me). As I said, I changed my plan to the $110 one so I can get the phone on the lowest price. Then change it to the $95 one and I was fine since it's almost $20 difference from my old plan.. Plus they gave me 2GB more for free (total 21GB).
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys!

Some information posting here. It seems like Rogers and Bell are the ones that will support ESIM on the new iPhone XS and XS Max.

" In the Canadian market both Rogers and Bell plan to support eSIM technology with the iPhone XS and XS Max."

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/09/14/apple-says-dual-sim-support-is-coming-to-the-iphone-xs-in-upcomin...
I Plan to Stick Around

Honestly, I’m annoyed for a few reasons;

1) I’ve been with Rogers for 10+ years and I pay my own bills, never had an issue with Rogers, etc. and they never offer me anything, even when I request some sort of deal/discount.

2) I called them and asked if they would be willing to give me the Iphone XS for $430 and if I choose the 4 GB plan (for $125 with Canada wide calling) and if they would throw in like 2 extra GB for the same price. The person at the loyalty department said it’s best that I call and sort this “deal” out once I have the phone in hand. Why does everyone else receive these discounts but when I inquire about it, they say I shouldn’t at this point? I just don’t want to get screwed over once I receive the phone and then they say “oops, sorry, I can’t provide that...” that’s all. I just want the security of knowing. I just don’t find it fair... 😕
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Some things to keep in mind are your tone and choice of words. I approach it as though they are doing me a HUGE favor (HaHa), as opposed to ‘they owe me something’.
I also mention (and truthfully so), that I’m constantly being bombarded with expensive & personalized marketing from Bell. They want my business back, and I’d likely get a better deal if I went back, at least initially. I say these things, but I also tell the other side of the story...that I’m generally a happy Rogers customer, and I don’t want to switch providers. That said, what is Rogers willing to do to keep me? It’s exponentially more expensive for them to sign a new customer than it is to keep an existing one. That approach usually works for me.
Important to mention that I have an impeccable record with them. Good luck!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SabrinaMolella

I'm not with Rogers but the carrier I am with changed my plan after a few issues I had with my pre order.

They moved me down from The Platinum $115 which I needed to get to get the device price on the lowest price and they moved me to the Platnium $95 afterwords.. I was paying $75 before ( this is just voice). I was paying $65 for 12GB data and I have another 7GB for $5 ( 4GB free, 2GB $5 and Apple watch 1GB). When doing the pre order all that got lost so the lovely lady with her manager got everything back up for $70. A $5 jump which I don't mind..

They did this because not only the screw up but they noticed the amount of money I was paying before and paying now with the new rate plans.. So they helped me out. They also gave me 50% off on my device balance ($495 so I am only paying around $245) and also giving me 50% off on my remaining balance on my AW3 ($340 remaining so paying half of that). I can only do that if I open a new line with the new apple watch and the close that one down.

All in all its how you speak to them and the agent. Some agents are willing to help but some aren't. Also if no agent doesn't want to help, ask for a manager. If the manager is still not willing to help, you can have ur request escalated to the Office of the President. They will get back to u in 24-48hrs. They should be able to help you out. This agent and her manager went above and beyond to help out. We need more reps and managers like them.
I Plan to Stick Around

Haha, I get it. But I’ve always been amazing to them - tone of voice, the manner in which I speak to them, etc. I don’t make it seem as if they “owe ME something,” ever.

Also, I have always, and will continue to mantiain an impeccable record to them as well. 🙂
I Plan to Stick Around

Mind you, I am also spending $149 every month for 7 GB of data. I also believe that that that is quite a large amount of money as well...