cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey Everyone!

Welcome back to my annual iPhone Reservation thread!  Once again its the time of the year that Apple will be announcing their new iPhone line up in a few hrs!. Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Apple iPhoneXs / Xr and Xs Max to the reservation list & the day comes follow the steps below to reserve the new device! The devices will include 3 devices, new color options and bigger displays! 

How to reserve if you’re an existing customer:

1. Log in to My Account on Rogers.com

2. Under Account choose Wireless.

3. Go to Manage My Device at the bottom of the page.

4. Click Upgrade My Device.

5. Choose The new iPhone ( which ever model you want) as a “ Pre order

6. Pick either Ship To Home or Ship To store (Device Reservation)

7. Choose a phone from the Phone Model drop-down.

1. Only phones that can be reserved will appear.

7. Review the account information next to your selection.

1. The email address must be auto-populated in the right section of the reservation form. Otherwise, you can’t reserve a device.

2. If the email is not auto-populated, first add the email address in the appropriate field of your My Account profile. Then, log out and log back in.

8. Select a store to pick up your phone.

9. Review the reservation details and click I AGREE to accept the Terms and Conditions.

10. Click Reserve to complete the reservation. A store representative will call you when the device is ready for pick-up.

How to reserve if you’re a new customer

1. Go to https://www.rogers.com/web/link/DeviceReservation?forwardTo=nrsRegisteredCustomer

2. Click Sign Up and enter your email address. ( It may tell you to also input all your info again.)

3. Under Phone Information, choose the device you want to reserve, and click Continue. Only devices available for reservation will appear.

4. Fill out the form under Personal Details and click Continue.

5. Fill out the Payment Details for the refundable $40 reservation fee and click Continue.

6. Select a store for device pick-up and click Continue.

7. Review the reservation details and click I AGREE to accept the Terms and Conditions.

8. Click Reserve to complete the reservation. A store representative will call you when the device is ready for pick-up.

Online Statuses

Open - Phone has been reserved

In Progress - Phone is in inventory and the order is being processed

Shipped - Phone is on its way to the chosen store

Cancelled - Reservation has been cancelled

Keeping you up posted along the way

1. You’ll receive the following confirmations:

2. An email after completing the reservation

3. Weekly status emails confirming you number in line on the waiting list

4. An email when the device has been shipped to the store. (Includes a delivery tracking number)

5. Phone call from a store representative when the device is ready for pick-up

Good things to know

1. Phone can only be reserved, not purchased ( The purchase of the device will be done in store)

2. You can change the pick-up location when the online order status is open. If the order status is in progress or shipped, the location cannot be changed

3. Shipments typically take up 4 days, and your device is held in store for 3 days ( The delivery can be next day in most cases)

4. If you don’t pick up your phone within 3 days, the reservation will be cancelled and be sold to a walk in customer. You can make alternate arrangements with the store manager if need be.

5. Only the account holder or an authorized level 1 user (someone authorized to make changes on the account) can pick up the phone. Photo ID is required when picking up the phone.

6. If a reservation was made to a location that is now closed, We’ll send the device to the closest Rogers store or authorized dealer in the area. The new store will contact you when the device arrives and is ready for pick up.

Reservation Fee

What about this $40 reservation fee? Will it be returned to me?” You betcha. You’ll get a credit of $40 (+ taxes) for the reservation fee on your account if you reserved as an existing customer or to the original credit card if you reserved to activate a new line. Your reservation fee will be credited when:

1. Your phone ships from our warehouse or

2. You cancel your reservation online.

Before you go to the store to pick up your new phone, why not get a quote for your old phone and trade it in for a credit!

Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

.For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

They also started last year a pre ordering system done online being charged on your CC ( Credit card) imminently and having the device shipped to your home instead. 2 years ago with the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus and last year with the 8 &8+ with the X the ones that picked this way got it the day of launch or day after launch but only a few did. Not everyone. This way is a good way but sadly u do not see any status updates like u do with the reservation system and only get a confirmation email and a shipment email. ( some did not get any email until the unit got shipped with QMS or UPS). Please do remember. Using the SHIP TO HOME option does NOT give u any insight of updates or status. You will only get notified when it ships out.

now its alot to read at the moment but i am trying to cover all the bases for everyone so everyone knows how the reservation works and what they need to know! as always do not be afraid to ask any question you have as I or any other member will answer it for you. I will do my best and answer all questions Cat Happy

712 REPLIES 712

Re: Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

novy89
I plan to stick around

At the end of the day, I can't get the phone pre-ordered regardless of what the plan is, I called rogers last night and they gave me more data and a deal on my plan and said I was all set for pre-order in the morning.  Now I can't process the pre-order, and when I call customer service, technical support, billing, or online chat, nobody can resolve the issue for me.  That's a huge problem and I'm getting more dissatisfied by the minute.

inferno129
I'm a reliable contributor
@chris1231 no u wont, i already changed mine from a airsource store to a plus store. only lose position if u cancel it

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @chris1231

You will not lose your position if you change locations.

You will only lose your position if you cancel the reservation.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @novy89

Call Rogers and ask for a manager. They should be able to see why its being blocked.

My only thinking is that when they changed the plan, it triggered the account to stay off upgrade for 24/48hrs. Thats the only thing i can think of

Sammy87
I plan to stick around
Reservations opened early. Thankfully I set my alarm for 5:30 and not 6:00.
iPhone xs max 256gb in gold position 15.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Sammy87

Not bad! Hopefully you get it at launch!!!

Redbull74
I'm here a lot

This really is the quietest the board has been for any iPhone launch - wonder if Rogers/Apple will notice the high prices might be holding back ppl from buying automatically like they used to?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Redbull74

Thats true. It has been really quite. Remember some could be waiting for the XR model too.

Although I do believe it's because of the pricing. It's way to high even with new plans.

Sammy87
I plan to stick around
I’m sure it has a lot to do with price. Not to mention a lot of people got the x last year. There’s not to many changes from the x to the xs unless you get the max for screen size. Me personally I missed the size of my 7plus... so to have the size in x form is the only reason I’m upgrading again this year.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Sammy87

Agreed. Whomever got the X should really just stay with the X until next year. Even though Apple will be discontinuing the X, 6S and 6S Plus, it will be still supported.

The only difference as u said is the size and some internal changes.. That's really it. Doesn't warrant the change from X to XS or Max unless you want it and not need it.

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor
If Apple wasn’t so greedy with their pricing more people would have upgraded. They only have themselves to blame for the poor day 1 sales.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @nasa25

Agreed. Their " low budget" XR is even priced high. They are having problems producing the LCD to have the notch as its been reported as well.

charles1977
I plan to stick around

wow so quiet in here guys.  just figured i'd do my annual stop in.

i think in past years, we'd be at least 50 pages of posts by now.  we are only at #20.  

curious what the reservation lineup is at for each phone currently in the rogers system.  

might not even be at 100 yet.  

checked apple canada website.  still available sept 21st or in 1 to 2 weeks.  

i'm scared as an apple shareholder.

Timcooper
I plan to stick around
I was thinking the same. I was up at 4:30 am CDT. Reservation was smooth as silk but still ended up #20 for a MAX 64 Grey. My fingers are crossed to see it next week but not holding my breath.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @charles1977 @Timcooper

Welcome back old friends!.

Yeah it's been a awkward year this year. It's also because of the pricing as well.. Think about it. Many got the X last year so they see no value to change other then screen size and a few changes. They will wait until next year and some are turned off by the pricing.

I wouldn't doubt that Apple for the first year won't be selling as many or won't have the pre order numbers they used too. Apple store as u said shows September 21st still as a pick up date.

Bell and Telus show September 20th as ship date for them too. So it's not as good as before

nasa25
Reasons I'm not upgrading. And I've had every iPhone since the original

1. Theres not many improvements over the X. Major selling point of the Xs max is the big screen. Spec wise there's not much improvement.
2. People already went out of pocket hard last year moving from a 6/7 to an X. $1319 was a ridiculous starting price last year but people paid it because the X was a totally new form factor. $1519 starting price on the Max is just out of control. Had Apple dropped the price of the Xs to $899 us and put the Max at the $999 entry point of last year's X, more people would have been interested. I couldn't bring myself to be hard out of pocket 2 years in a row.
3. Tough to get a good return for your used X. Most people don't want to shell out $1000 on a used phone. This increases the net upgrade cost. I wonder what those people with 512gb maxes will be able to get out of them in a years time. Even if they get like $1300,they'd still be out of pocket $1000. In one year.

Instead of giving more for less Apple is giving less for more. People are wising up to their shenanigans.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @nasa25

Those are all very good and valid points. Honestly this could very well be the turning point of the sales.

We will see.

Ducker
I plan to stick around
It IS more quiet than normal in here! I just got off the chat with Rogers loyalty, and I’m still a happy Rogers customer (10 years in). I just pre-ordered the Xs Max as an upgrade from the 7 plus. Can’t wait to have the X form factor and the HUGE screen, while still keeping the dimensions of my 7 plus. Since I did the upgrade on the Rogers site, I don’t think I received a number...does anyone know anything about this? Do I check under device reservation to see the number?
I should know this...this’ll be my 6th iphone.
The prices are high, yes...but with the sale of my 7 plus the upgrade will end up costing me less than $250. Rogers was able to move me from a premium to premium + tab at no extra cost after discounts. I’m very happy.

llkjl9989
I've been here awhile

What plan were you able to get through rogers loyalty

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @llkjl9989

For each person it's different. You would need to contact them and see what they offer you.

nasa25
Made a last ditch effort with retentions to get the phone cost reasonable. The guy told me straight up to just stay on my premium tier and take a bigger up front hit. Going from a premium to ultra tier would increase my monthly cost by $70 AND increase the cost of some of my addon lines. So call it a $90 a month increase just to receive an extra $18.xx a month subsidy on the phone.

Makes absolutely no sense for me to do.