Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

They told me there is a glitch on their system and pre-orders are not working right now.

I am trying to upgrade my device, I select the iphone xs silver 64bg, i select my current plan, it takes me to the second step "add ons" i don't select, I hit continue to take me to the third step "shipping" and then I get this message: "We're sorry, this information is currently not available online. If you need help with your account, please call 1-888-ROGERS-1"

I have been trying to complete this for the last 2.5 hours!!!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @novy89

Have you tried any other browser on your phone or computer? I know that sometimes will clear that glitch
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Last year i upgraded to the iphone x online and the phone was shipped to my house. Was hoping to do the same this year but I keep getting an error:

Cannot process device upgrade
There seems to be a problem with the information we received. Please call the Rogers Validation Team at 1 800 588-6718 so we can help you out.

Any ideas? Could it be because I just got the loyalty bonus data 2 days ago?

I Plan to Stick Around

I tied both Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge, I am using Windows 10 on a brand new computer that's 2 weeks old.

They told me there is a "glitch" in the system and there is a lot of traffic on their site that could be causing it.  Said try again in 2 to 4 hours.

I am so mad, even if it does go through in 2 to 4 hours there's no way I'm going to get my new phone on launch day now.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @babie_giirl

That could be the reason why. They usually want to make sure thag they validate who you are and make sure you made those changes. Telus did this to me a couple months back.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @novy89

Yikes.. I do remember this glitch back with the 6S devices. Some had this and ended up going to Best Buy or Apple to get the device. Pre order with Best Buy and get it at launch!. That's one other way
I Plan to Stick Around

I don't have a best buy or apple store in my home town, or a rogers store, it just permanently closed.  That's why I wanted the ship to home option.  This is absolutely ridiculous.  I'm so angry I signed up for a new 2 year plan last night with Rogers.  I should have switched providers, I bet bell and telus aren't having these issues...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @novy89

They actually are.. I'm on the phone with them as my data plan got changed on its own after I did my pre order upgrade at 3am EST. The rep said that their call center is being flooded with calls that the site crashed at one point and wouldnt let users pre order.

So it seems to be happening on some carriers that are having issues.

One thing that I have to say. Every iPhone launch the carriers have problems with their sites with pre orders and come launch day, their systems start failing and crashing.
I've Been Around

I was also up early to pre-order with no luck (reminds me of trying to buy any tickets on Ticketmaster!) and I find it funny how I am able to order from Bell with no issues.

Also it shows to call Rogers but then you cannot pre-order over the phone? Rogers seems to have messed this one up.

I Plan to Stick Around

Then they should improve their servers to handle all the traffic.  I'm a long time paying customer to Rogers.  I signed up for another 2 year plan just so that I could pre-order this new phone first thing this morning so that I would receive it on launch day.  Now I'm out of luck.