Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Hello @SabrinaMolella

The Ultra plans will start i believe at $100. You can contact them and see what they can do for you.
I Plan to Stick Around

Was on with retentions early this afternoon as my cell phone plans and home bundles all expired this week.  I was speaking to the rep about the cost of the new iPhones (XS and XS Max).  I had mentioned that the cost for both iPhone models was up on their site but only showing the cost for the Ultra plan (I am currently on the Premium Plan).  I am considering buying the iPhone XS and Max 256 GB model so I had asked her if she got pricing for them for each tier (Ultra, Prem+ and Prem).  This is what she gave me.

Note:  this is for only the 256 GB model

- iPhone XS 256 GB

Ultra: $629

Prem+: $859

Prem: $1059

- iPhone XS Max 256 GB

Ultra: $759

Prem+: $989

Prem: $1189

If these are wrong, please let me know!

Thanks.

She also gave me the prices for the 64 GB model but I didn't write them down as I wasn't interested.

I Plan to Stick Around

Ok looking at my current plan it says "Share Everything + 10GB Premium Tab" with unlimited Canada wide calling for $120. I imagine if I upgraded and wanted the lower device cost I would need to switch to a current rate plan correct? If so that same plan is now $135 so $180 a year more for 2 years, plus $1059 for the device, plus early upgrade fee of $275 so $1694 and locked in another 2 years and likely plan will not get any less. Looks like I would be better off buying outright.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JeromeM

Yeah best bet for you is to buy it outright.
I Plan to Stick Around

@JeromeM wrote:
Ok looking at my current plan it says "Share Everything + 10GB Premium Tab" with unlimited Canada wide calling for $120. I imagine if I upgraded and wanted the lower device cost I would need to switch to a current rate plan correct? If so that same plan is now $135 so $180 a year more for 2 years, plus $1059 for the device, plus early upgrade fee of $275 so $1694 and locked in another 2 years and likely plan will not get any less. Looks like I would be better off buying outright.

I forgot to add that when I was speaking to the agent, she had mentioned to me that the plan I was on (same plan as you... Share Everything + 10GB Prem plan) was going to go up from what I am currently paying $130 to $155 per month.  I'm like what ???  Really?  She said currently I have unlimited Canada Wide calling for $130 (my 2 year plan just expired) and that if I get the new iPhones and want to stay on the same Prem plan, it would be $150 (for unlimited local calling) or $155 (for Canada wide calling).  I mentioned to her that on the Rogers site the cost shows $130 and $135 so it really went up on $5 if I commit for another 2 years.  She said that was strange and that maybe that is an online special and to take advantage of that and upgrade online instead of calling them because they will charge me $155.  Gave me the reason for that price because of "fees".  So sketch.....

I Plan to Stick Around

@saupaui

Wow yeah that's terrible that they would have a $20 per month discrepancy like that, that's the price of the Ultra 10GB Unlimited Canada plan. Thankfully my work pays me back up to $140 per month for my plan but I have to pay my own device so I'm good with what my current plan costs but man this is getting out of hand. I would be at a different carrier if I had to pay it all out of pocket.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@saupaui that sounds like a bunch of garbage to me (what the rep told you). If they’re giving you a $520-$530 subsidy each year for being on the premium tier, why should they raise the monthly rate? Your subsidy is staying the same. If they charge you $25 per month more ($600 more over two years) and give you a $530 subsidy on the phone then they’re basically giving you no subsidy at all and grabbing an extra $70 while they’re at it.

Lmao. They must be joking.

I Plan to Stick Around

@nasa25 wrote:
@saupauithat sounds like a bunch of garbage to me (what the rep told you). If they’re giving you a $520-$530 subsidy each year for being on the premium tier, why should they raise the monthly rate? Your subsidy is staying the same. If they charge you $25 per month more ($600 more over two years) and give you a $530 subsidy on the phone then they’re basically giving you no subsidy at all and grabbing an extra $70 while they’re at it.

Lmao. They must be joking.

That is what is so frustrating dealing with them.  At first I thought she was joking too.  I understand they have to raise the price on their plans as the new iPhones are here now.  If I plan to stay with my current phones, I would have dropped down the the "no tab" plan as I have fulfilled my subsidy plan.  But guess what?  She told me the no tab plan is now $130 instead of the Rogers online showing me that it's only $115/$120.  So I guess the lesson is that we should buy it online instead of calling a rep because they will charge you "fees" to justify the higher cost for the SAME wireless plan.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix hello! I have another question.

As I stated my term has ended and I'm planning to keep the same plan. I'm a bit confused on the MyRogers site. 

Should I go through "Upgrade my device" or "Device reservation" if I'm planning to renew my term and get the XS Max? Is there any difference? Won't upgrading my device will reserve it automatically?

thx for ur help!

I Plan to Stick Around

hey @Meowmix, thanks for doing the iPhone thread this year again:)

I went through all of the previous posts so to make sure I'm not asking something that's already been asked, I know it can be frustrating lol...

I just couldn't remember if there were taxes or not when buying the iPhone from the store. That might influence my decision to get an XS Max 256GB OR 512GB. Also, am I better off trying to reserve the iPhone from the Rogers iPhone information page at 6 AM (the one you can get to from the Rogers main web page), or is it faster to log onto MyRogers and click "upgrade my device"?

Thanks in advance, and thanks for your hard work on this thread 🙂