cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey Everyone!

Welcome back to my annual iPhone Reservation thread!  Once again its the time of the year that Apple will be announcing their new iPhone line up in a few hrs!. Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Apple iPhoneXs / Xr and Xs Max to the reservation list & the day comes follow the steps below to reserve the new device! The devices will include 3 devices, new color options and bigger displays! 

How to reserve if you’re an existing customer:

1. Log in to My Account on Rogers.com

2. Under Account choose Wireless.

3. Go to Manage My Device at the bottom of the page.

4. Click Upgrade My Device.

5. Choose The new iPhone ( which ever model you want) as a “ Pre order

6. Pick either Ship To Home or Ship To store (Device Reservation)

7. Choose a phone from the Phone Model drop-down.

1. Only phones that can be reserved will appear.

7. Review the account information next to your selection.

1. The email address must be auto-populated in the right section of the reservation form. Otherwise, you can’t reserve a device.

2. If the email is not auto-populated, first add the email address in the appropriate field of your My Account profile. Then, log out and log back in.

8. Select a store to pick up your phone.

9. Review the reservation details and click I AGREE to accept the Terms and Conditions.

10. Click Reserve to complete the reservation. A store representative will call you when the device is ready for pick-up.

How to reserve if you’re a new customer

1. Go to https://www.rogers.com/web/link/DeviceReservation?forwardTo=nrsRegisteredCustomer

2. Click Sign Up and enter your email address. ( It may tell you to also input all your info again.)

3. Under Phone Information, choose the device you want to reserve, and click Continue. Only devices available for reservation will appear.

4. Fill out the form under Personal Details and click Continue.

5. Fill out the Payment Details for the refundable $40 reservation fee and click Continue.

6. Select a store for device pick-up and click Continue.

7. Review the reservation details and click I AGREE to accept the Terms and Conditions.

8. Click Reserve to complete the reservation. A store representative will call you when the device is ready for pick-up.

Online Statuses

Open - Phone has been reserved

In Progress - Phone is in inventory and the order is being processed

Shipped - Phone is on its way to the chosen store

Cancelled - Reservation has been cancelled

Keeping you up posted along the way

1. You’ll receive the following confirmations:

2. An email after completing the reservation

3. Weekly status emails confirming you number in line on the waiting list

4. An email when the device has been shipped to the store. (Includes a delivery tracking number)

5. Phone call from a store representative when the device is ready for pick-up

Good things to know

1. Phone can only be reserved, not purchased ( The purchase of the device will be done in store)

2. You can change the pick-up location when the online order status is open. If the order status is in progress or shipped, the location cannot be changed

3. Shipments typically take up 4 days, and your device is held in store for 3 days ( The delivery can be next day in most cases)

4. If you don’t pick up your phone within 3 days, the reservation will be cancelled and be sold to a walk in customer. You can make alternate arrangements with the store manager if need be.

5. Only the account holder or an authorized level 1 user (someone authorized to make changes on the account) can pick up the phone. Photo ID is required when picking up the phone.

6. If a reservation was made to a location that is now closed, We’ll send the device to the closest Rogers store or authorized dealer in the area. The new store will contact you when the device arrives and is ready for pick up.

Reservation Fee

What about this $40 reservation fee? Will it be returned to me?” You betcha. You’ll get a credit of $40 (+ taxes) for the reservation fee on your account if you reserved as an existing customer or to the original credit card if you reserved to activate a new line. Your reservation fee will be credited when:

1. Your phone ships from our warehouse or

2. You cancel your reservation online.

Before you go to the store to pick up your new phone, why not get a quote for your old phone and trade it in for a credit!

Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

.For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confuses about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

They also started last year a pre ordering system done online being charged on your CC ( Credit card) imminently and having the device shipped to your home instead. 2 years ago with the iPhone 7 / 7 Plus and last year with the 8 &8+ with the X the ones that picked this way got it the day of launch or day after launch but only a few did. Not everyone. This way is a good way but sadly u do not see any status updates like u do with the reservation system and only get a confirmation email and a shipment email. ( some did not get any email until the unit got shipped with QMS or UPS). Please do remember. Using the SHIP TO HOME option does NOT give u any insight of updates or status. You will only get notified when it ships out.

now its alot to read at the moment but i am trying to cover all the bases for everyone so everyone knows how the reservation works and what they need to know! as always do not be afraid to ask any question you have as I or any other member will answer it for you. I will do my best and answer all questions Cat Happy

712 REPLIES 712

Re: Apple iPhone Xs / Xr & Xs Max Questions / Reservation numbers!

Salinger1
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @Salinger1

If you look at the post above yours, you will see I corrected my self after I read into it more and checked it out..

Wrong also. Telus is also supporting ESIM for the new iPhones. I spoke to a executive manager ( that's nearly a OOP with Rogers) and they said they are also going to support it at launch next week. Rogers is now the only one out of the top 3 that hasn't said anything about the ESIM in the phone yet.

My bet is that they will try it out with the watch and the activate it later on, on the phones. Unless they do both at the same time.

If you look at the timing of the posts, you'll see that I posted 1 minute (or less) after your update.  Your update wasn't there when I started typing, but was afterward.  Phil made it quite clear during the keynote that all iPhones would be dual SIM.

As for TELUS, no sorry, I don't consider myself wrong.  I am going by what has been officially announced by Apple.  Look at the keynote screen for the eSIM section.  Apple says only Bell at launch.  If TELUS is also supporting it, it is not official yet and your source may well be right, but they have also been wrong in the past. 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Salinger1

Thats true we both posted the same time. In the end I posted that I was wrong and gave the correct info like you did :).

Thanks!

impmarion
I plan to stick around

Small Business account holder here!

This is my first time reserving a phone through this particular online reservation system and I'm wondering where I have to go/what steps I have to take? 

Also, what time does pre-order start at for Small Business accounts?

Thanks in advance!

inferno129
I'm a reliable contributor

still no price..?  they expect us to be hyped to reserve but still hiding the price from us? means its going to be bad.

so does anyone KNOW not guessing, the price of xs max 64gb is for premium (NOT +) plan.? i hope its under $1000 sigh..

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @inferno129

How will anyone know if no carrier in Canada has releases that information..... 😂

To be fair, I believe it will start at $750. There is no way that it will be less then $750-$800. This is the bigger and more expensive model. It's $1,519 outright (64GB). So that half of that and it becomes $750-$800

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @impmarion

You need to log into the Business portal website and it will show you there a " pre order" page. Thag will be open as of tomorrow.

They usually open the same time the consumer one does. It came be any time. Tomorrow morning. There is no set time.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys!

So I went ahead and bought the iPhone Xs Max Case, SUPCASE [Unicorn Beetle Series] Premium Hybrid Protective TPU and PC Clear Case for iPhone Xs Max from Amazon and I got a Spigen Ultra case too.

Should be here on Tuesday!!

When you go to device reservation in Business Self Serve I have been told it is supposed to take you to rogersdirect and automatically sign you in - although I haven't seen this in action yet.

On that topic - does anyone know if it is possible to upgrade on a small business account at the apple store?? That would make it alot easier for me, i'm upgrading 3 lines this year 2 on my personal account and my 1 small business line all to iPhone Xs Max.

Also is there a limit to how many iPhones one can reserve to pickup on launch day from the apple site? I won't be using Rogers reservation system as even though i've got up early to reserve i've never actually gotten my phone day 1 with them always problems. Last 2 years I did apple reservation at 3am and got a reserved device(s) on launch.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jackthecompguy

I do remember for a couple years now that small business clients had issues upgrading at the Apple store at launch. However some did report it worked. It seems like it could be something on the account like a code that they can not bypass or have to call in and deal with it.

You would need to contact your closest Apple store and speak them. They will give you more of a clear insight then we can here as most of us don't live in the same area of eachother.

I do believe you can get up to 3 devices at once. I remember someone saying that last year.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey guys!

Pricing is up for the Xs / XS Max 2yr term on a Ultra plan pricing.

64GB - $429.99
256GB - $629.99
512GB - $ 889.99

iPhone XS Max
64GB - $ 559.00
256GB - $759.99
512GB- $1,019.00

Now AS you can see those are with the NEW Ultra plans. For Premium + it will be more. However i can not see it atm. I would say at most $100-$200 more for the + plans. 

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless/iphone-xs-max

nasa25
I'm a trusted contributor

$960 subsidy on the 64gb Max

I was expecting $920 so that's actually not bad at all

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @nasa25

Mind you this is with the Ultra Plans. If you are wanting to keep your Premium or Premium + plan then the prices go up by $100-$200 at that point for each model and GB as you know.

Rogers is the only carrier thus far to post pricing.

I may end up getting the 256GB Max. Don't know yet. My 64GB has lasted me a year ( all my images and videos upload on my personal dropbox every night over wifi and i have icloud as well. ) 

nasa25

@Meowmix yup I misread your post at first

I'm expecting premium plus to be $200 more and premium to be $400 more....

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @nasa25

Yea i did the math and if you want the 64GB on a + plan then it starts at $759.99+ taxes. So It may be worth calling into Rogers and speak to a rep. See if they can switch u to the ultra plan but try and give u some small discount.

If not then stay with the plan you have now but pay more upfront.

nasa25

@Meowmix yeah I already spoke to rogers a few weeks ago to see what they could do for me. 

It's not worth it for me to switch from my premium plan.  So if I want the 64GB Max I'm probably looking at $959.  I was expecting a $520 subsidy so if I can get that pricing (which includes a $560 subsidy) I'd be pretty happy.  

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @nasa25

Yea that is true. With the pricing they have posted for the Ultra plans, i dont believe many will go and get it with the older plans unless they upgrade to the Ultra plans or dish out the outright cost.

This may well be the first year Apple sales may be lower then before. Pricing is way to high. Even with the plans cost, its still to high.

nasa25

@Meowmix yup and for people that have a decent premium or premium plus plan, it doesn't make sense to upgrade to an ultra tier and increase the monthly cost far greater than the extra subsidy you'd be getting

Like I could have moved to a premium plus plan but Rogers wanted an extra $20 per month (so $480 over 2 years).  I'm only saving an extra $200 on the phone so it makes no sense for me to do that.  Many other people are probably in the same boat.  

inferno129

since im in MB and we dont have ultra plans, it shows me xs max 64gb at $789 for premium+.. so pretty much $1000 for premium im expecting.. sigh.

$0 connection fee it says apparently... yay..? bet thats a typo or has 101 conditions to be met..

nasa25

@inferno129 yup I was expecting to pay $999 for the 64gb max on a premium tier plan....

If it's $789 on a premium plus then we can expect $999 or even $1019 for the premium plan 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @inferno129

All carriers do the $0 connection fee IF you pre order it only for ship to home (Reservations to store are NOT included unless the store changes its policy. )

The pricing is way to high as i posted above. So its either getting it at that price or pay a bit more and getting it outright.

inferno129
ship to home? and it waives the $30 greed? am i missing something, last upgrade was 7+ and that wasnt a thing then.. shocking someone made a good decision.