Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

What about pricing for the 8?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @builtbybarry

As i said above.. No carrier has announced any pricing yet. My source only gave my pricing for the X.

Stay tuned and I will update the post when I get the pricing or when Rogers puts it up!

These are the outright pricing for the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. Take half of that off and u will be paying half upfront or 40% of that pricing.

" The 64GB model iPhone 8 model starts at $929 CAD, while the 256GB model is priced at $1,139. Meanwhile, the iPhone 8 Plus begins at $1059 for 64GB of internal storage, with the 256GB model set to cost $1,269.
I've Been Here Awhile

Any ideas on what will happen with current phone (iPhone 7/6S/SE) pricing?  I was offered the 6S/128GB last week for $129 and now it is showing $199.  Frustrating considering Apple dropped the price from $899 to $739 (CAD) yesterday.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @12341234123421

Apple controls all the pricing with all carriers around the board for all their products. So the pricing jump u seen is because Apple raised the pricing on the down payment for one but lowered the outright pricing which makes sense a bit.

The pricing for the older models will go down during holiday sales and within the next couple of weeks after the new iPhones have been released.
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the explanation.  I did not realize that Apple sets the carrier "upgrade" pricing.  Your comment about raising the down payment but lowering the outright cost doesn't make sense to me.  If anything, it should keep the upgrade price the same.  To get the iPhone 6S, I would need to upgrade my plan by $10/mo to move to the premium tab.

Before: $129 + 24 x $10 = $369, so ($899-$369) = $530 was subsidized.

Now: $199 + 24 X $10 = $439, so ($739 - $439) = $300 is subsidized.

This just looks like a REALLY bad deal from my perspective, and disingenuous considering that the outright price of the phone is now less.

With Apple's announcement that they will offer the SE/6S/7/8/X along side each other, I will wait and see if there are any better deals over the next few weeks. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @12341234123421

Yeah Apple has a tight control on updates, pricing, carrier pricing and advertising of anything of their products.

I would wait and see. Remember the holiday season is coming. They will have better deals then. Don't rush it.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys!

Nothing has been confirmed yet but this is what MS is showing the pricing may be like for the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus.

" Here is what you can expect for each model. As usual, things could change before September 15th.

Apple iPhone 8 64GB: $229.99
Apple iPhone 8 256GB: $429.99

Apple iPhone 8 Plus 64GB: $359.99 Apple iPhone 8 Plus 256GB: $559.99
"
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Meowmix looks like it's a $700 subsidy on each phone.  

I'm assuming that's for PREMIUM PLUS tier though.   Might be safe to assume that those of us on premium tier will get a $500ish subsidy similar to last year ($530).

And your pricing of the iPhone X pretty much assumes a $900 subsidy.  That would be awesome if it happened.  

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi All,

How does one go from being a no tab customer to tabbed? I currently have a no tab 5+2GB share everything plan with a corporate 20% discount. If I decide to get one of the new iPhones under tab, do I have to take a completely new plan or do they just add the "tab" cost to my current plan with no hassles?

Cheers,

-E

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

Yeah most likely it. Then many won't be able to pay off their upgrade fee next year and get a other one. It seems like we are going to that trend now.