Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Hey guys!

Anyone interested in the iPhone 8 here are some things to know.

" Pre-orders for the phones will go live on September 15th, ahead of their September 22nd launch date. Canadians will be able to choose between silver, gold and space grey colour options for both the iPhone 8 and the iPhone 8 Plus. The 64GB model iPhone 8 model starts at $929, while the 256GB model will cost $1,139. Meanwhile, the iPhone 8 Plus begins at $1059 for 64GB of internal storage, with the 256GB model set to cost $1,269. "

Rogers will post their information soon.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hey @markiskander

Everything the iPhone X has with the exception of the OLED display and A11 ship Samsung and LG have. The only difference is that but the pricing is what is going to ruin this I think. Put $1,513 plus taxes. Then add a case or two that u want. Plus whatever else u get like a screen protector and apple care +. See it will round up nearly $2,000 at the end. Is it worth it?

Also how can I buy a iPhone X when he failed twice to have the FaceID unlock the phone? Many are questing this now too and many are apple fans as well. So in the end they are charging close to $1600 for the top tear of the iPhone X and cant even have their major selling point for the iPhone X working for display and failed twice. That's what I would like to know lol

@Meowmix

And proper facial scanning that doesn't get fooled by photographs and contact lenses?

The A11 by itself is a major advantage the X has over the Note 8.

It is way too expensive though. I myself will be going with an 8 Plus. Also I know it's like impossible to remove, but I'm not a fan of the bump on the top. Negates from whatever I'm trying to watch.

As for the Face ID on stage - it didn't fail. The iPhone wasn't ready to receive a facial scan - it was asking for a PIN, similarly to how it asks for Touch ID when it is first booted up. I think they neglected to unlock it with the PIN first at least once before trying to use Face ID on it.

The Verge's hands-on confirmed that Face ID works pretty much flawlessly, even in poor lighting conditions. So there's that concern out the window...

MI
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys!

Apple Canada has announced that AppleCare+ will be $249 plus taxes for the IPhone X. The iPhone 8 AppleCare+ will be $169 and iPhone 8 Plus will still be $199 plus tax.
I Plan to Stick Around

Quite expensive for the iPhone X for AC+

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @gcooldude

Indeed. You are looking at $2,042 buying the 256GB, AppleCare+, $50 on a case or screen protector and add the tax.

I don't think many will go for it to be honest. Even if u get it from the carrier, u will have to pay $700-$750 upfront in store to get it on a 2yr term. Then another $249 upfront in store to get AppleCare+ plus taxes. So in all, u will be paying $1,000 upfront for a 2yr term 256GB iPhone X.

Thats alot to be honest.
I Plan to Stick Around

Do you think the Prem+ Tab will be eligible for the iPhone X? I'm on Premium Tab at the moment.
I Plan to Stick Around

Also I agree that I doubt many people will for for the iPhone X. Its quite expensive for the average user and really only the hardcore Apple fans will go for it.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @gcooldude

Its true.

Doing the math with what numbers I have of pricing, below is what u will get if going for both iPhone X devices. Mind u the pricing is what i got from a source for the 2yr term.

" Do the math. $649+249+50+13% for taxes = $1,071. A little bit more then $1,000 upfront for us in to get it on a 2yr term for the highest model.

IPhone X 64GB model. Then you add $479 for the 64GB one + $249 For AppleCare+, $50 for a case and now add taxes. It's $879 upfront for the 64GB iPhone X upfront."

Its still really expensive
I Plan to Stick Around

I do agree with you. I think i'll still get it as I have had my 6 Plus for 3 years now and definitely want to upgrade. I think it'll be easy to get as by end of October people will already have got their iPhone 8's which are much cheaper. Are you upgrading to an 8 or 8 Plus?

I Plan to Stick Around

Also is it safe to say that it will be available on Prem+ and Premium tabs?