Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Welcome to the Rogers reservation system these are the things you learn from trial and error and missing out on first day orders 3 times.

-Never ship to home
-don’t trust the reps
-no one knows anything other than the system will probably open at 6am but has opened earlier in the past
-chances are if your order hasn’t moved 2-3 days before launch day it’s a really good chance you’re not seeing it launch day and you should start planning a back up plan. Your best bet is find a Best Buy mobile and go there they will get something.

First time I reserved late at like 9am and was #160 for iPhone 5 - and it came the 2nd week

2nd time the reservation system unexpectedly opened early at 3am instead of 6:00 and I was late (again) - walked into Best Buy at 6pm in Hamilton and picked it up

Third time I was #6 for jet black and they didn’t move any units launch day. Went to Best Buy at 8:30 and settles for matte black.

This is the first time I’ve ever got a phone on launch day through this system.

4 attempts.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

i got a little excited at on launch date and ordered whatever i could so I guranteed a launch date iphone. now that i am I can give my other reserved devices to someone else higher up on que

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @GibMcFragger

Honestly i seen this with the iPhone 7 launch. During launch day some devices get shipped to the stores early morning / mid afternoon via UPS.

I had this happen to me on my IPhone 6, I called in the morning, but it was on the UPS truck for the day, called after 2pm, and it was in the store.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

With devices being shipped to home, will they start shipping Thursday or Friday

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Mine is via Canada Post (to the store). At least that's what the pre-order tracking number shows.

It's all good. I work until 5pm on Friday anyways. If it makes it to the store Friday afternoon it's fine, I can't get there until around 6-630pm anyways. Mall is open until 9pm.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

oh

@arewhyehen wrote:

@jillzzzy77was your status updated to shipped?

yes it says shipped but all best buy orders say shipped

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I was #22 in queue.
Got a call this morning that my Rogers store had my reservation but could not pick up until Friday morning. Wooohoo can’t wait.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @187onthe

Most likely Friday for same day delivery but some may be shipped out tomorrow night for Friday delivery.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Jrsmithz

That is correct. When working at Best a buy I learned the in and ours of the company and how shipping works out hah.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @GibMcFragger

Not bad! You will get it Friday!