Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Hey guys!

This is for everyone to read about the fast charging on the iPhone. You need to buy the cable and the fast charging adapter in order for it to work. It does NOT come with the phone. So spending all that money on a feature that is supposed to come with the phone is turning some off. . Read below

" Unfortunately, there’s one — albeit major — catch: to take advantage of the new iPhones fast charging capabilities, Canadian consumers will need to buy both a USB-C to Lightning cable and a USB-C wall charger; the USB-A to Lightning cable and 5W wall charger that come included with every new iPhone aren’t sufficient for the task. Together, those two components can be quite expensive. In Canada, Apple sells one metre and two metre USB-C to Lightning cables. They’re priced at $35 and $49, respectively.

Meanwhile, the company’s most affordable USB-C wall charger, the 29W variant that comes with the MacBook, costs $59. Recent Mac owners will be able to use the charger that came with their laptop"
I Plan to Stick Around

More cables we have to buy to make use of that feature.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @gcooldude

Indeed which is making many back off from this. Why show off a feature then charge almost $100 for 2 things to make it work meanwhile the other manufacturers give it with the phone.
I Plan to Stick Around

Paying already so much for the phone, why not include the fast charging cables and adapter.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @gcooldude

This is something Apple will never answer and even if they do, they will make it like customers should get it if they want it. Disgusting coming from apple doing thisn
I Plan to Stick Around

Also says the 61W and 87W adapters can be used too. Would those charge it faster than the 29W?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @gcooldude

Yes but not faster then what the IPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus and X are rated.
I Plan to Stick Around

All this talk about fast charging.

This is the best, smallest FASTEST car charger I have ever owned - I bought 3 of them. - $15.

https://www.amazon.ca/AUKEY-Charger-Adapter-Android-Devices/dp/B00MA8JZ10

0% - 75% in under 30 minutes.

With DUAL charging ports.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Th1ef

Doubt that will work with the new iPhone. The same was said about the Samsung ones and ended up not working as it doesn't have the power to pull fast charging as it should. We shall see. Apple requires u more power from the adapter.
I Plan to Stick Around

Apologies if this has been asked, but does anyone know what time tomorrow the iPhone 8 online pre-order window will be open at? 6am / 8am EST?

Cheers!