Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

@veejaym

Rogers will not willingly send your details to Apple to have them enroll your device in AC+

It's a disgrace that no one from Rogers wants to address this issue.

The only way that people (myself included) have been able to get Apple to add the AC+ is to ESCALATE the issue to Apple's AC+ activations department.  They ask for proof of AC+ monthly coverage from your rogers account as well as the devices IMEI.  Then they activate the coverage on their end. 

Again, I think it's absolutely disgraceful that no one from rogers wants to comment on this clear failure.  They'd rather just leave their customers in the dark I guess.  

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for sharing @nasa25, I reached out to Apple and they were great.  They said there can be issues with ordering AC+ through the carrier but it could be easily resolved with a call.   My order is still being processed, but Apple said my device would be covered while it was being worked out.

I'm half wondering if Rogers is not being helpful on the AC+ to sell their own warranty.  In any case, they should take some tips from Apple on support. Thanks again!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Glad to hear it was resolved.

I think Rogers is unwilling to help because:

a) they want to push their own device protection

b) If you signed up under the $9 per month AC+ then it's technically cheaper than buying outright through Apple.  So someone is taking a loss here.  If it's Rogers, they obviously don't want to do that

I've Been Around

Wait for IPhone-X when they have stock in store?

Hello,

I am eager to get a new iPhone X 256, and have to apparently wait 2 weeks via the online reservation system. However I just found out the local store has them in stock, so why are they telling me I have to wait?

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hello @Andrewfinhert,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums.

Like you, I'm eager for an upgrade as well, maybe just the 8+ for me though Smiley Wink. Have you had a chance to review @Meowmix OP? He touches base on inventory inquiries, as well as provides a lot insightful information. 

I encourage the Community to review his post, as majority of the questions asked, are answered HERE

Regards,

RogersCilio

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Is iPhone X going to be discontinued?

That's what I'm hearing.  Say it ain't so.  But Apple is losing market share like crazy to Ms. Ann Droid.