Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Hi @Meowmix,

Yes I do received a same email as your sister at 6pm. Hopefully the warehouse will ship it out asap.

It's been a month, finally some good news.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @BillyChy

I hope so. Did you receive a email with a tracking number?

EDIT. My sister receieved the email with tracking after she did a live chat about it. Should be delivered today! One month if waiting paid off
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @Meowmix,

No, not at all.  And I called customer service they said the order stats is conformed..

Indeed, suddenly received a phone call from UPS saying that the shipping information is missing a building number so the guy couldn't delivered the phone to me.. and now I have to wait to next Tuesday to picked up my phone in the ups store.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @BillyChy

Oh man! That sucks. However it's good that you know it shipped out and getting it Tuesday!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello @Meowmix,

Yes my friend, better than nothing.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi - I placed my order online November 20 (iPhone X 256GB Silver) and watched my status go from #708 on November 20, to #22 on December 11 and finally to an IN PROGRESS status on December 19.  Since then, nothing.  I called Rogers and got re-routed to 5 different people, before an annoyed-sounding Rogers rep told me they have zero iPhone X 256GB in stock and so I should suck it up and wait, or cancel my order.  Is it reasonable that I've been stuck in IN PROGRESS with no updates from Rogers for more than 2 weeks?  Any chance my order has been lost?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mknakagawa

Maybe it's a issue with the warehouse that is causing this to happen. Seen this before that the warehouse switched it to IN PROGRESS however it was either a early status update or the system showed one and the lost it within the warehouse.

Unfortunately nothing can be done as managers can not locate a phone since a IMEI number isn't attached to the Reservation and the warehouse most likely has shipped it out or lost it within the warehouse.

I would either wait a bit longer or find a store which has it ( Apple store or Rogers store) and get it from them. You can also just reorder it from Rogers via phone or live chat and wait the extra couple of weeks to get it.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the reply.  Incredibly, after whining on this board, I got a call from the local Rogers store telling me my phone had just arrived.  Picked it up 10 minutes ago.  

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

AppleCare+ Problem

I'm really struggling with Rogers lately and I'm looking for some advice.  I'm a corporate customer and ordered the iPhone X on pre-order using the RogersDirect site.  Realizing that I'd want AC+ I called in to confirm the process where I was told that I needed to call back when I received the phone to add the coverage.  I did this and it was added to my account and charged for the month.  After 3 weeks I emailed them as I hadn't received the proof of enrollment whereby they cancelled the coverage as it apparently had to be made on the device order date.  In my case, I pre-ordered on Oct 27th, unknown to me the order date was Dec 19th and I received it on Dec 21st. 

To my question, has anyone, especially corporate customers, had success ordering AC+ or is this a lost cause?  I know that I can still buy directly from Apple but I feel that Rogers should honour the order.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @veejaym

Unfortunately nothing can be done. Rogers seems to only want you to get AppleCare when you do the upgrade or new Activation right there and then. Telus and Bell and even Apple give you 30-60 days after purchase to get AppleCare. Apple can't do anything as this is a Rogers problem and Rogers won't do anything as they won't. My sister had the same issue and the requested to speak to the Office of the President. It's been 2 weeks and still waiting for a phone call.

Just buy AppleCare outright from Apple if you still can. It's the best way to go atm.