Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Hello @sharmavarun86

Have you gone to a Apple store or Rogers store near u and checked out if they have one in stock?
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Just got an email saying mine has been shipped.

Ordered on Sunday Dec 17, 2017 and got the email on Dec 21st. 

It ended up landing in my spam folder for some reason from this email: noreplyhardwareorder@rci.rogers.com

Has to be legit, right?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @rm3dina

That is the correct email for them. Sometimes it may land in the spam folders. I noticed this with me too.
I Plan to Stick Around

I ordered a iPhone 8plus 64gb grey on 27 Nov, and haven’t received anything from Rogers. Called them many times and the costumer service agents gave me lot of different answer since the first time I called them. Thought I could received the phone at the beginning of December but seems like no more hope.
They offered me two times of 50$off of my next bill and told me the phone has been “backordered.” Even today when I talked to them over the phone.
Lately I used the live chat and the agent was told me the phone is instock, and I should expected the phone next week.???

WTH is going on Rogers???? Everyone telling me different answers??? Backorder or instock? When u guys can sent me the phone???
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @BillyChy

My sister is in the same position as you. Sadly the reps don't know the real information. Live chat that is. The managers she and I have spoken to ( since I am a level 1 on her account) have told us that many went for the gray 64GB thus why it's out of stock. Weird part is that it's going to be a month and somehow Apple hasn't shipped any to Rogers which I find very strange as Apple them selfs have many in stock, some Rogers stores have them in stock and also the fact that their online site shows it in stock but not the 256GB model.

They told me the online has a different inventory. That well may be true but they should be moving some inventory from the online toward the customers waiting for their phones from ordering it over the phone. My sister will wait but come boxing day she will be shopping around. Rogers is starting to play with customer's patience here and I doubt this is Apple doing. There is only so much Apple can be blamed for. Apple has plenty in stock. No other carrier is out of stock of those models.

Reps told her to go to the store and get it. She doesn't want to pay more then what she was offered ( basically free now like you since she has to wait). Also the fact that all the other carriers have it in stock including Apple is making me believe Rogers is just blaming Apple for no reason. Might be true that Apple hasn't brought some to Rogers but let's be real here. Rogers receives stock once or twice a week on Tuesday and i believe Fridays. So they should have stock. However they move that stock to store level and online instead.. There is no way Rogers hasn't received them in a month.

Sad to see this is how they are going about this. My sister asked how long and the manager said ( still shows Backordered for 3+ weeks.). So by that logic, you and my sister and anyone else waiting will get it mid January or end of January which isn't fair to them at all...
I Plan to Stick Around

So I just talked to them again over the phone and Facebook. Both of them said our phone is instock now since 20th Dec. we should have expected the phone in 3-5 business days.
And I asked both of them are they using the same inventory system and Yes. (That’s what they told me)
I totally agree with your sister, I’m not gonna wasted my time and to get my phone without any deal in store and later on called Rogers again to let them refund the differents.
Rogers already wasted my time. Not gonna stick with them after this contact for sure, and they will lose 5 costumer at the same time lmao.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @BillyChy

Well if they are so called using the same inventory system maybe the reps saying that should be either retrained or the 2 managers should be. Makes no sense that there is so much miscommunication going on...

As for December 20th. If it was in stock since then, don't u think Rogers would have shipped it out already? I called Telus and changes my devices over on one of my accounts 2 days ago. This afternoon Canada Post came and dropped off the correct phone I needed for my dad. So if Rogers had stock since December 20th either they are not caring to ship them out before Christmas (which now is late) and ship them out in a week later OR both reps are giving wrong information.

This whole situation is making it more difficult for many. @RogersCorey @RogersMoin @RogersPrasana. What are the stock levels for the iPhone 8 us 64GB Space Gray?. As said before some of us have ordered November 27-28th and still waiting with countless reps and managed giving us way to many different stories and communications. From being in stock, out of stock, backorder, in stock, back order and or they had stock since December 20th. Please let us know as my sister is willing to change carries to get her phone and the users above are also waiting for it.

Thank you!
I Plan to Stick Around

The most ridiculous point is one of my friend ordered an iPhone 8 plus 64gb at the same day as me, she got her phone in 3 days. 2 of my friend ordered an iPhone x 256gb, they got it last week. All ordered from Rogers website..
Most of my coworkers ordered from telus and they got their phone last week no matter 8 or 8plus or x.. (cooperated account)
I’m the only one ordered earliest in the restruant and the latest one get my phone.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @BillyChy

My sister spoke to the buyers remorse team last night and they said they just got devices 2 days ago and starting to package them up. So sometime next week we should have our devices. He said that the warehouse was told to rush them put however no one days Sunday deliveries. So we shall see what the truth is.

Honestly from now on just order online. Yeah u get deals calling in however u wait weeks if not a month for the phone
I Plan to Stick Around

Let see who will received the phone faster, as you know they only have 4 business day for this week. Lol

Btw, I’m located at Winnipeg. What about you?