Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Hello @kbg217

To be honest I don't know what Rogers is doing. They have made up so many stories that is incredible. My sister was told her device was ready to ship out, then backorder. Waited 2+ weeks and was told 3 days ago it was removed from the back order system and in stock. Now got told still in backorder. This is for the iPhone 8 Plus 64GB space gray mind u. Every other carrier has it and even Rogers stores have it. Unfortunately she was offered a sweet price ($29) for it so the store would charge her $350 for it. So she has been waiting for it. Sadly so much going on i think Rogers made a mistake by calling out that the iPhone 8 sales were low so many believe that Apple is doing this. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Same thing for me, I called them yesterday telling them that my 30 days were up, they have been saying this whole time that it included weekends. And now since I have reached the 30 days they’re making up the excuse that UPS does not work on weekends so it has only been 23 days not including weekends. I continue to hear different stories and I am getting fed up.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @MonieF

Indeed UPS doesn't work on weekends ( we'll Saturdays they do unless companies pay extra). However it's Rogers that is either getting them and sending them straight to the stories or literally Apple is not sending any to Rogers and we as customer are waiting on end. They told my sister 15 days and it's been 20 days. They told her sometime this week it will be shipped out. A manager told her that many called in and cancelled their orders / accounts because of this. It's only for the iPhone too..
I'm Here A Lot

I just noticed on the website 64gigs models of iPhone X are avaiable to ship now in both colors, and the 256gigs ones slipped down to 1-2 weeks, so maybe call center and corporate clients will start to see theirs arrive faster

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @FelixAmchu

Online orders and call center order have two different systems and allocated devices.

So online has been shown that they have devices but calling in shows back order still.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I was told 2-5 days at first then 2 weeks and I’m now approaching my 5th week of waiting for the device. Keep on gettting the run around from Rogers
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @MonieF

Im sorry you have been put through that. Sadly it seems Rogers isn't being consistent with orders. Reps blame Apple yet it's not Apple. Apple provides the phones and every year it's been like this.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Ordered the iPhone 8 Plus 64GB on Nov. 27 over the phone and like many here, still no shipping details or anything. Upon upgrading I was told that it would take 7 business days to ship. No mention of a backorder and that I would be waiting 3 weeks+ sheeesh

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thank you @Meowmix I am unsure of what the issue is with Rogers and Apple but every other company has received their phones faster. Looks like I won’t be seeing it until after Christmas
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @MonieF

Yeah sadly that's the case. It's going to a wait. They said before Christmas but we shall see