Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Hello @rydollasign

You are welcome!
Fall220
I Plan to Stick Around

Just a final update from a corporate customer who finally got my iphone X.

Had ordered from both Rogers and Apple. 4 weeks had passed and I already received the one from Apple directly but the Rogers order was still stuck in "per-fulfilment."

Took the unlocked one directly from Apple to the local Apple Store, asked them to take it back and used it as a hardware upgrade for my Rogers line. At first they were willing to oblige, but after they found out I was a corporate customer, they started using every reason under the sun to deny my activation, saying I could only activate it directly with Rogers.

I called it BS and called Rogers Business Line on the spot to ask the agent if that was true. He said BS too and that my account is accessible by the Apple Store, and he also told me there is a special line that Apple Store agents could ring up for this type of issues.

Relayed this info to Apple Store staff, reluctantly they said they are going to try. Right away they are having problems logging into the Rogers system using the iPad app, so they switched to the Rogers web portal using Safari on the iPad, which worked for a while but finally it also had errors. An hour later, they gave up and pulled out a big piece of paper contract to process my HUP manually.

So, for those corporate customers who are still waiting, it might be easier to order one from Apple directly and take it to the store to get one right away. Just be prepared for some wrangling with app and contract issues.

KGP7
I've Been Around

Apple is now shipping the Iphone X within 5 business days. Bell has it at 1-2 weeks. I ordered it on the 27th, and still no sign. What a joke. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @KGP7

Same with Telus as well. Seems like Rogers is the one holding back here for whatever reason. Funny party my sister ordered the 8 Plus last Tuesday and still waiting with Rogers. Go into any of their stores or Apple and u can get it.

I wonder why is Rogers taking so long.
Canuckmania
I've Been Here Awhile

Count me as another extremely puzzled and angry corporate customer who is wondering what or why Rogers does not have any phones for people who pre-ordered the iPhone X on October 27th (first day of pre-order). I am currently 4th for the silver 256GB (was originally 14, then dropped to 9, 6, 5 during this time) but I think my spot has kept dropping only simply because of others canceling their reservations due to frustration over the long wait. My wait for the phone is nearing 6 weeks and I have had no help whatsover from the business customer service line. I have walked into many Rogers stores that have the phones in stock but because of my corporate plan, they cannot help me. Not even Apple stores can help. I am seriously thinking of switching over to Telus as they have phones in 1-2 weeks. I feel like I am being held hostage by Rogers. 

oej
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello @Meowmix @KGP7

I was in the same situation i gave up waiting for the iPhone X i also was #14 for a 256 grey from #21 and decided to go with the 8 plus instead and ordered  on Black Friday.

I didn't hear anything until yesterday when i called and inquired, surprisingly the service rep was more than willing to help me and indicated that they required to confirm my business account again and an email was supposed to be sent out regarding this. I never received  such email but once that was cleared up she indicated they have received a shipment of X and 8's and should have it by Friday.

I received shipping confirmation at 10pm last night  and it's on route to be delivered today.

TDIGZ
I Plan to Stick Around

Oh boy, I hope this shipment of X's makes it's way to corporate clients. (fingers crossed)
SmakMeWitUrPhon
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Y'all @Meowmix

I don't get it. I've been in business queue at position 0 for almost 3 weeks now. AND, I only started to get email updates on position once I reached 0. Started at #601 on Oct 27th and here we are in December.

I was at Metrotown on Saturday and could have purchased 256Gb Space Grey X, like I want, on the spot. I didn't believe it I had to say "Really?!" three times to person helping me. Dang it I am peeved! 

graystone14
I Plan to Stick Around

thats funny, i have been getting emails as well for a couple of weeks saying i am position 0. how is that possible
graystone14
I Plan to Stick Around

how are two people position?  I have been getting updates that I am position zero for a couple of weeks now.

Rogers is full of....