Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Hello @SaabFanatic

Glad to hear!.

The X is on a 3+ week backorder when placing a order 2 weeks ago and on.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Yometi

@Meowmix

I'm actually quite angry at this point. I've been #1 in the queue on Rogersdirect.ca for one month now, and they haven't even shipped one device. Last week, in exasperation, I went to a Rogers store and found stock, but they said they cannot process the paperwork on corporate accounts! Then I asked the Apple store, and they said they ALSO cannot handle corporate accounts. 

So basically I'm stuck waiting for Rogers Corporate to mail me a phone when they have one. I woke up at 3:30am PST to order the phone on Oct 27, and all of the excitement it completely gone. And when I get the device, the phone will be 6-8 weeks into the upgrade cycle before the next version comes out. 

So do I switch to Telus or some other carrier so I don't have to go through the same thing in future years? Do I sacrifice the $529+tax subsidy and pay full price for the phone at Apple? But I could have done this on day one and been using the phone for a month now.

Angry and frustrated!

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Anyone who purchased Apple Care; have you been able to verify through AppleCare that you are covered?  I put in a ticket November 18 and it has still not been resolved.  It still shows that I have no coverage.  Have been on chat several times and have received an email from the Management Office.  They just keep telling me I am covered; that's it, that's all.  This does not seem right.  Any suggestions?  I am ready to leave the Rogers' ship....

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

can u please share what the path is to cancel my reservation please?  thnx

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SUMIMASN

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

i wish it were.  the drop down lists my account #.  spent 2 1/2 hrs on hold to be told an agent can't help me as they can't access the system.  sent me an email link, that leads me to exactly what i found myself and no path, drop down or link to the actual Reservation system to view or cancel.  the original email from rogers confirming the reservation doesnt provide a link either.  incredible..

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Rainforest99
@Meowmix

I am in the same boat. #30 in line with NO information. I know others that have received phones (who ordered in the second week of November from other telecom company).

The only response i get is that i will get my phone before people behind me in line. This is not helpful.

Why can people walk into a Rogers store and get an iPhone X, but i called at the EARLIEST possible time to reserve mine on Oct 27 and I have NO information about timing?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @TDIGZ

Honestly I don't know. The reps over the phone also don't know and just read the script they have. This is getting a bit if not ridiculous at this point. They should have been able to provide u guys the phones by now.

I wish I had a better answer for u guys
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks @Meowmix

I totally get that, and agree.

Perhaps the question now is, does it make sense to cancel my contract with rogers and go with a competitor that can get me a phone within a shorter period of time.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @TDIGZ

Honestly this is a decision u need to make. If I wanted the phone and the store had it in Stock I would go get it no matter what carrier it's with as long as I do a research with that carrier