Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Yes, you can activate iPhones through Rogers at an Apple store. That’s what I did, only thing is you have to pay the cost of the phone on contract at the time of pickup and the taxes. For my 64GB iPhone X I paid $599 and around $30 for tax at the Apple store. The early device upgrade fee if you have one and the $25 activation fee is added to your next bill.
I Plan to Stick Around

For those of you that ordered over the phone how do you know where you are in line? I never got any confirmation email.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Kunaal23

Yes it is!. However you need to pay the device price upfront Plus the taxes. So $599 or $799 Plus taxes. The device balance and connection fee will be added on your next invoice bill.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SaabFanatic

They don't. They can't track their progress unless they get a shipment email.. The only ones that can are via device reservation or if you are a business account and the business support team puts the order through for u.
I'm Here A Lot

Amazing! So I'd be able to reserve an iPhone online for the Apple store and then cancel my preorder once I pick up my phone?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Kunaal23

Yes you can! First reserve it with Apple and get it. Then cancel the reservation on the Rogers site.
I'm Here A Lot

I have the reservation set. Only thing is I reserved via phone, so do you think my current reservation would affect my ability to upgrade in-store?

Also, I have about $200 in credits applied. A facebook rep said they'd keep the credits, but not sure if that's true.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Kunaal23

You would need to call in and ask. Most of the times regular consumers that pre order over the phone actually do the upgrade automatically.. Call in and ask and see!
I Plan to Stick Around

How come we can't do the ship to home option on the X online and only via phone? I did it successfully over the phone but not sure why they make us go through this?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SaabFanatic

Due to the high demand they shut off the ship to home option the day after launch and only have the reservation open and over the phone.