Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

3 weeks after ordering an X 256 space grey, it seems people who placed orders AFTER me are receiving them. The rogers site sucks, i can't check my order status online, and the reps are completely useless. why is it so hard to get a straight answer from someone? I used to like this company but i'm about to call it quits

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @27media

How did you pre order? What is ship to store or home? Are you a business or consumer client?

Wang date did u pre order?
I've Been Here Awhile

Anyone have any idea when I’ll get mine? I am so frustrated at the moment. I ordered mine exactly 2 weeks ago on November 10th. I ordered a 64GB silver iPhone X. I am NOT a corporate consumer and selected to have it shipped to a store. My reservation status was #64 the day I ordered it and now, 2 weeks later, i’m only #57! I feel like it will be months until I get it. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Gryffin1994

To be honest maybe another week or two. They still have to clear up the order reservations and pre-orders which have been put in place before yours.

Also please remember it may take a bit of time with the iPhone. This isn't new. It happens every year. Even Bell and Telus is having supply issues.

Rogers gets stock in once or twice a week. Depends in when Apple sends it to them.
I Plan to Stick Around

For those still waiting,  I stopped by the Rogers store at Yorkdale last evening. To my surprise (and anger), they had a few iPhone X 256gb and several 64gb available for walk in purchases.

I was furious because I had placed my preorder on the 27th and it is still on back order.   To make matters worse, they made me check in to their system on an iPad to wait for my turn to get served. I signed up to get notified by text when it was my turn and went shopping around. The notification never came through so I went back to the store an hour later. They apologized that the text message never went out when it was my turn, due to a glitch, and the 256 gb phones were now sold out....

So now I'm still waiting for my preorder.

Moral of the story is corporate orders are absolutely the last priority at Rogers and your chances of finding the phones are much better in stores.

I Plan to Stick Around

I am a business customer.

I got an update status email from rogers out of the blue.  Didnt know rogers did this as I have been waiting a month now for my 256gb X.  The email says I am position #0 of 873.

What does #0 mean?  when i look at my order it says the same thing, 'in progress pre-fulfillment.  #1 would be next in line, 0 would be filled?  yet not filled.  thx.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @graystone14

0 means that u are next in line to get it. However it all depends on when they actually fitful the order.
I Plan to Stick Around

All I have to say is wow. You guys need to call around to Rogers stores in your area and just upgrade that way. I preordered and was 250 in line. Called the day after launch(Saturday) to 3 different Rogers stores and 2 of them had stock. Went and picked it up and have had one since.

Rogers Reservation system is a JOKE. There is nothing anyone can say to convince me otherwise. Last year was the same deal, except I was #1 in line. I stayed that way for a week before I decided to reserve the next morning through the Apple Store, walk in and do my upgrade there. 

I would encourage you all to stop trusting Rogers reservation system and go out and call around. You'll end up getting it much sooner.I've had mine since launch and wouldn't have if I didn't call around. They get shipments 1-2 a week.

I Plan to Stick Around

I cancelled my Rogers reservation. I used istocknow.com a couple of days ago and set up notifications for when the iPhone X I wanted was in stock at the Apple store near me. Made sure my email was set so istocknow was a VIP to notify me as soon as a email came in. Got a email notification just a few hours later, went to the Apple website immediately and was able to reserve my iPhone X and picked it up later that day. When istocknow shows stock available you have to be quick, as sometimes in a matter of just minutes the available stock is all gone. Good luck everyone and hope you get your phones soon, absolutely love mine!!! Smiley Happy
I Plan to Stick Around

Is it possible to activate iPhones through the Apple Store for Rogers on contract?