Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

What model did you order and did you receive an email saying the device is being shipped?.. or did it just randomly show up at your house with no warning?
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Hj9 call rogers and get them to take apple care off of your old device and add it to your new device

as an aside, my escalation with apple's AC+ activation department is now complete.  It took 3 business days but I just got the AC+ certificate for my X and it's now showing on my apple profile.  And my AC+ option still shows at $9/month on my rogers account.  

I have heard stories of rogers increasing the AC price to $10 and I've also heard that it's been increased to $13.  I have no idea what the truth of that is though.

If you're like me and have been waiting like 2 weeks for your AC+ confirmation to come through, put in a ticket with apples applecare activations department and they will sort you out.  

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Hj9 What model/color did you order and did you receive an email saying the device is being shipped?.. or did it just randomly show up at your house with no warning?

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Hi

I reserved my iPhone X on Nov 4 and got an email with my order ID to verify it. According to the forum I am supposed to get an email every week to update me on my order. 

It has been almost 20 days and I still have not gotten an email to give me any information regarding my order.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Upgrade phone  with corporate discount

I would like to upgrade my phone (iPhone 5 to iPhone 😎 this Black Friday, I have a 30% corporate discount on my 7Go plan. Is it possible to purchase my new iPhone at Best Buy and still keep the same plan + my 30% discount or do I absolutely have to deal with the corporate department from Rogers? Thanks!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @stephanyt

You would need to contact your local Best Buy location and see what the rep will tell you. I remember some accounts we were able to do but some we couldn't.
I'm Here A Lot

Hi @Meowmix

I ordered my phone through call center about 2 weeks ago, I chatted to day and got sent this when asking about the order

''I can see that your order went through and I can see that the status in your account this morning is that the device is ready to be released. I am not sure of the specific date but immedaitely  the phone is shipped. You will receive a confirmation email and the tracking number for the device order''

Any idea of what this means in terms of waiting time?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @FelixAmchu

I would say within the next 1-3 business days it should be shipping out. Of course that could change day to day as well.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thank you @Meowmix for your dedicated help

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Have been stuck at 173 for over a week now for the 256GB - silver. 

Any idea when the line will move or how much longer I should expect? 

The phone was preordered on the 31st.