Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Reserved an 256gb X in space grey on launch day. I was late getting to it, and queued in around #1150. Moved up about 500 right away on the first group of deliveries, and about 10 days ago moved up to about #150.  A few cancellations or whatever moved me up to #139. Its been 10+ days with no significant movement. I really hope they get a shipment in soon. The waiting game sucks! 

Anyways, @Meowmix, can you clarify this.. While they are trying to fill pre-orders, are they also sending out random phones to the stores for instore sales? 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @kwistofoo

Yes they are as well sending some phones to random stores ( stores which do pretty high volume sales). That's how they allocate their shipments as well.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Wondering if anyone has issues with the reservation system? I was at 89 open for the iPhone X, then it disappeared? When I logged in to check it goes in and lets me order an iPhonex without waiting... no confirmation but they got my payment.

What happened to my reservation in the first place
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Does this order cancel my reservation? Spoke with a rep saying it takes 3 weeks plus if I ordered today. But I reserved this and the reservation got lost. I’m worried that Rogers may cancel my original reservation since the system let me order this.  

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @343tgrtv435

The only way to cancel it would be if you by accidentally cancel the reservation. They can't cancel it.

Calling into Rogers to ask them what's going on isn't helpful as they can't so much either. They have no way of seeing it.

It could be a system glitch causing this. This happened to me before with another device. Took a couple of days and it reappeared back.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

@Meowmix Thanks! They did say there is a glitch, however could not answer whether or not my original reservation will be cancelled due to me ordering one. When I try to click upgrade,it Locks me out saying there is a pending order.  I guess I’ll have to wait and see.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @343tgrtv435

Yeah it will lock u out before they already have done a upgrade for u over the phone. So that's normal.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I have been reading and following this discussion thread from day one as it has been a great source of information and way to kinda keep track of who has and who has not been getting their phones after pre-ordering started on October 27th.

I pre-ordered the Silver 256GB iPhone X on October 27th around 6:13 am EST (via device upgrade link) and was originally #15 but dropped to #9 on November 3rd. Since then, no updates or movement.

I am in the same boat with most (if not all) frustrated (even angry) corporate customers who are still waiting and have not received any updates on Rogers Direct website (I am still in "In Progress (Pre-Fulfillment)"). Like many others, I have called the business customer support line on three separate times and every time, they have no idea on when corporate/business clients will get their phones (to be fair, there is a recording before a live rep comes on that states that they do not have any information or updates on phones orders). My frustration is that there is no supervisor/manager to speak with to escalate or even give feedback too.   

Based on what I have read, it seems like Apple has shipped more 64GB models than the 256GB to Rogers as it seems like the ones getting their phones ordered the 64GB. If this is true, I do not find it surprising since the 64GB model is "cheaper". Even when I call my local Best Buy mobile (even though I know they cannot deal with Rogers corporate clients...only small business), they have mainly been getting (very very few) 64GB models.

If anyone has not read this, corporate/business customers will be the LAST in line for the phones as it seems like consumers have priority which is ridiculous (no one should have priority as I think it should be based on the time which the pre-order was submitted). 

I knew when I pre-ordered that I would be waiting for the phone BUT I will not be happy if I do not get it before Christmas. Really hope that there is some progress for corporate/business customers in the next couple weeks.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just an update on my iPhone X. 

Ordered Nov 6th. Iphone X Silver 64gb. Imei Changed on Tuesday November 14th. Received the phone today in the morning. The only weird thing about it was that on Tuesday IMEI changed and phone model. On Wednesday around 830PM received a text saying I made changes to the account and what not while also receiving an email showing the changed I made and the phone I ordered and so on. Now I know this isn't confirmation of delivery so I was waiting on that. This morning I went on the chat just to add someone on my account. After I made the addition I was just curious and asked where my phone maybe since I have an IMEI and when I can expect it. Person said phone has been shipped out and provided me with a tracking number for UPS. I tracked it and the phone was on route and actually arrived an hour later. Crazy that rogers did not provide me with an email saying my phone was shipped and a tracking number, it was by chance I got the number and confirmation it was shipped. All in all I am happy that I received the phone quicker then expected. Was told 3 weeks the week of Nov 27th. Received it in just over a week and a half. Hopefully everyone else here receives their phones soon too! 

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

So I ordered on the 6th and finally got the iPhone X delivered yesterday. However, delivery man decided to leave it at my front door without a signature... anyways, phone was safe. My plan includes AppleCare+, how do I activate that option? It says on apple.com that my phone is eligible for a Apple care if I purchase it? My old plan also had Apple care but it says expires that AppleCare in December 2017. So confusing