Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Thanks or the reply @Meowmix

If they were to place a new order for me, I would be placed at the bottom of of the queue, right? A manager or OOP wouldn’t be able to manually put me at he top of the line because I was supposed to have a already received my phone, would they?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @pointypeter

They can escalate it. That's all they can do. They won't be able to get u to get it tomorrow or the next day of course but they can escalate it and see if the warehouse fan ship it out as soon as possible.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@pointypeter

your phone got sold to someone else

if I were you I'd get retentions on the line and raise a stink.

Instead of getting them to reserve you a phone, get them to ship you one PRIORITY to your home to make up for the error caused with the reservation.  By priority I mean they should make it right by allowing you to cut in front of the current line, since you should have had your phone on Nov 3rd

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

While that can be done, it's not a 100% guarantee that it will be shipped out immediately and jump the line. However it can happen only if the warehouse does it.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Meowmix

yup I understand nothing is a guarantee but the man should have had his phone on launch day and it's 99.9% in the hands of someone else.  It would have shipped with all the other reserved devices to that store.  So unless no one else got theirs, it was sold to another person. 

Obviously Rogers won't admit what really happened but they should step up to the plate and make things right here.  He reserved early like everyone else that already has their X and deserves to get one in short order.  If he waits on the device to magically arrive at the store he will be waiting for a lifetime

Rogers has the UPS tracking number for that lot of phones that went to the store.  They can easily verify whether or not it was delivered.  

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

Oh i agree. Rogers could easily track it if they put a investigation on it of they wish.

Hopefully Rogers makes this up to them!
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Meowmix

yup I'm sure if he talks to the right people they can sort it out for him (key word being right people lol)

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi, 

So im curious, is this thread just about residential pre orders?

I Pre-ordered the silver, 256GB iPhone X on 27/10/2017, and I was #3 in line for a corporate pre-order and #1 in line as of the monday following the release. I've reading through this thread that some people have been receiving their phones of the same model as recently as this past week. I'm not sure whats going on and who to complain to about this, I just kind of really annoyed by this and have lost all excitement for the new phone out frustration that Rogers has caused because for some reason it seems like I am being skipped?

Just want to confirm, has anyone received the silver 256GB model of the iPhone X in the past week and I'm getting screwed by Rogers or have I read that wrong and Rogers just hasn't gotten stock of this specific model?

I Plan to Stick Around

If your imei changes and phone model under MyRogers how long should it take to receive your phone?
I Plan to Stick Around

I feel like Rogers isn’t sending out many 256gb models in general. I honestly don’t think they received many. When they called me yesterday saying I’m on the priority list and saying I’ll receive it in the next 3 weeks, I think that was a tactic to extend the promised timeframe when I originally ordered it. This might mean that the wait might be longer for all of us unfortunately. I’ll definitely be purchasing directly from Apple next time rather than paying for a phone that I don’t have.