Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Got it! Thanks

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi, I placed an order for the 64 gb silver X on 6th of november, they said 3 weeks when I ordered on the phone. But do you think its at all possible to receive it before the 27-30th? 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Hj9

Maybe but to be honest anything is possible. It could take as early as that or as late as December.
I've Been Here Awhile

@Meowmixand other members: 

Contemplating the option to secure the new purchase (X64). AppleCare+ has been discussed a lot on this forum. Do we have any other options here in Canada? Like Squaretrade?

Also, what are the advantages/disadvantages of buying Roger device protection ($10 a month) and then $200 deductible over AC+?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Greenhorn

Well the Rogers protection plan is by Asurion. This company works for Telus, Walmart, ATT and other companies which use them for their extended warranty services. You don't need to have to be locked to phone specific phone in order to use it.

AppleCare must be only for a iPhone. So let's say you sell your iPhone and get another type of phone ( Samsung or LG or anything else) you don't have extended warranty with it unless you pay for the protection from Rogers.

Both AppleCare and Rogers protection warranty give you like new devices ( never new even from Apple) unless the devices just came out and u can get one brand new.

AppleCare gives you a option to pay a small fee and fix the broken screen or whatever it is.

Rogers protection does not allow you to do that. However for a fee of $200 or less ( depending on the phone of course) they will send you another phone and u send yours back.

You have to pay the $200 upfront via CC when doing the deductible with them too.
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi, I pre-ordered the iPhone X 256GB Grey on October 27, 2017, around 6 am for in-store delivery, and was 109 in the queue at that time for in-store delivery.

Not much later, the reservation status went from 109 to in progress.

Then on Tuesday, October 31st, 3 days before launch day, I received an email saying "device has been shipped!" to the Rogers Plus store of my choice. 

That store has still NOT received my phone 15 days later! 

My reservation status still says: shipped. 

Does Rogers ship by boat from Apple warehouses in China? Because if not, 15 days of shipping seems slightly longer than the norm in Canada.

Last week I tried calling the store, and they said they can't help me until they receive the phone, and they have no way of knowing when my phone will arrive at their store.

I called Rogers to try to track it, but they said that for ship to store, they don't have tracking numbers, so they can't tell me where it's at, but that it must be in process at some Rogers warehouse.

None of this makes sense. If they don't have enough iPhone X devices, then I should still be in the queue.

My status should still be 109 or whatever. 

Why would they say shipped since October 31, and then keep my hanging?

I find it very hard to believe that almost 2 weeks after launch day, less than 109 people that reserved an iPhone X 256GB Grey for in-store delivery in the entire country have received their phones. I don't buy that.

Anyone who ordered an iPhone X 256 GB Grey through Rogers for in-store delivery later than 6 am on October 27th, i.e. after me, should NOT receive their phone before me.

What the heck can I do to get my phone?

Thanks for your help!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @pointypeter

Ekk that's no good.

Unfortunately the call center reps and store reps can not find where the phone is if the store doesn't have it. They have no way of trading it. Remember this isn't a upgrade. It's a reservation phone. So the IMEI number isn't tagged on the account until you pick it up St the store.

All devices come within Canada at their mean warehouse in Toronto or Vancouver when being shipped out.

To me it seems either it got lost within UPS or one of the store reps sold it to someone else without noticing the the sticker on the box to call the customer. This happens sometimes when a rep isn't aware and sees the sticker on there for the past week and half ( store can only hold it for 3 days.)

Either way there is no way of pin pointing on how to get it at this point. You can call and speak to a manager or the OOP but they would have to place a new order for you.
I Plan to Stick Around

@krazykoo

What time did you place your order? I placed mine for 256GB Space Grey around 1pm on the 27th and it's still on backorder. Haven't even gotten a place on the waitlist lol

I'm Here A Lot

@Odelly

I placed the reservation within an hour or two went it went live, around 5AM PST on Oct 27th. By 2PM PST the list was >700 to my understanding.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hey all,

My device shipped a week ago and still nothing so I went into my the store and they told me that they had the same device in stock but in silver (I ordered space grey) so I said screw it and just took the silver one. I don’t trust their shipping anything coming from Toronto gets to my city the next day and after a week of nothing I’m thinking they lost it or sold it. I recommend just trying to get an in stock phone like I did.

Ps. The phone is great and I hope you all get yours ASAP