Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Given the fact that NO ONE has received their AC+ coverage certificate or even proof that their coverage is live via their apple support profile, I've put in an escalation with the AC+ activations department.  

They requested a screenshot showing my IMEI and the add on line item showing 'AC monthly $9/month'.

He said he will escalate this with rogers and my coverage will be live/I'll have an answer within 3-5 business days.  Also told him that this problem is systemic so hopefully while their activating my coverage they can work on everyone else's too.  

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Davidwr

Yes you are correct. Sorry been having a lot on my mind and read that as " ship to home".

@cici24 unfortunately you won't get a tracking number with ship to store. Calling in won't help either. Ship to store option doesn't give u a tracking number. Only ship to home does. So thus the store most likely received it Friday or today and will call you. However can call the store and ask.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

Great to see the ball rolling. I wonder why this is happening only with Rogers. I haven't seen any reports like this on the Telus forums page nor any other page other then here and some on Twitter on Rogers.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Meowmix

honestly?  It's a straight up pricing error.  Rogers sold AC+ without figuring out what the proper price should be for the X.  It'll probably get sorted out on their end soon (so most likely you'll see something like $14/month for AC coverage) but for the people that added it at $9 per month, what option does rogers have besides just honoring that price error....

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix tagged the wrong David but its all good! hahah any way I can help! Looks like a shipment of Silver and Space Greys came in recently as a few people have moved up and got theirs shipped. now just waiting on mine lol ugh the suspense is killing me. Hopefully I get some sort of update this week and receive it next week. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

Agreed, however I don't think Rogers will Honor it to be honest. They will find a way to get everyone pay the $14 a month.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix thank you, I just spent 15 minutes on the phone with a rep telling me that they're looking at my account and don't see any order at all but "they can place a new order for me now" which makes no sense to me because i'm looking at my account right now and it says order has shipped. Are they just misinformed? I'm worried now because she's saying she sees no pre ordered phones on my account even though I can see it

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Well it's on my account for $9 a month and tied to an IMEI linked to my X so not sure how they're going to spin this one.  If it's locked in at $9 per month I'm not sure how they can raise the price to $14 a month or whatever without everyone's consent.  

I'm 99.84% sure that's the reason for this delay.  You probably have a group of people over at rogers trying to figure out what to do without Rogers having to take an $83 loss on each iPhone X that they've applied AC+ to ($299 is the price you'd pay through Apple vs $9*24 = $216 with rogers)

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @cici24

This isn't a order. A reservation only reserves a phone under your name to be shipped to a store and once u go to the store, u get to get it if u want or not. So that's why they can't see it. It's not a actual order.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Update: I just received a random call from Rogers. They reassured me that I was somehow put on the priority list and that I will receive my iPhone X 256 space gray anytime within the next 3 weeks. It all depends on when they will receive shipments from Apple. (Ordered on nov. 4 with ship to home option as an upgrade). Not sure if this really accomplished anything but just letting you all know.