Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Hey guys so I received this text just now. 

Rogers MSG: Important action is required for your iPhone reservation.

Congratulations on your upcoming new iPhone! Because you are upgrading devices, we'll need to re-verify your employment and eligibility for a corporate discount. Please visit http://www.rogers.com/preferred to get your discount passcode.

If your iPhone is being shipped to you: call us at 1-844-776-4377 to apply your passcode to your account (Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. or weekends 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST).  If you've opted to pick up the iPhone at a Rogers store: be sure to bring your passcode with you. Don't worry: if you don't bring your passcode or can't get one, you will still be able to pick up your iPhone when it is ready. However we'll have to remove corporate discount until we can verify your eligibility. Please note: The passcode is valid for 30 days, after which you will need to generate a new one. We appreciate your business and for continuing to choose Rogers.

Is this legit? I literally just ordered a few days ago and was on queue #1428. Does this mean I'm next to receive my phone or? I do have a corporate discount code.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JCFans

This is valid. They need to make sure the corporate code is correct and you still work there. That's why they sent you that.
I'm Here A Lot

But my question is and this is more important (lol): am I close to receiving my phone?!??!

I Plan to Stick Around

Very confusing as it doesn’t make sense imo. They should say “Order now and pay later when you pickup device in store.”

As we don’t need to pay for the devices at the time of ordering as far back as I can remember (10 years) and previously we were able to pickup the device at stores and actually “pay later” on the next bill. It’s really too bad they don’t have the option to send the X to our home like all their other phones.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JCFans

You might be. Since they are asking you to verify a couple things maybe. To be honest no one knows. They ask those questions to corporate and business customers to make sure all it well.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Breezygirl

I posted a post on the last page explaining this back in February. They started this late February 2017.

So yeah the way they explained it is a bit weird but always trust us here. We give the correct information lol
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix I completely believe you trust me. I’m just trying to make sense out of their marketing, I should know better, lol

Thanks again for all your help and information. Smiley Happy
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Breezygirl

They never make anything with effort. They should have posted that on there but I guess whoever wrote that failed to do it.
I'm Here A Lot

Hey Rogers expert! Thanks for your reply.

So I was able to login and see my order queue. I ordered on Wednesday (2 days ago) and I was at queue #1400 and now I'm already at queue #800.

Does this mean it will move this fast?!
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @JCFans,

I got the message last week also  it is legit  they just need to confirm.

I still haven't moved up in que still at #14 from  the time they sent the text and just today they sent the same darn text again. So i'm ignoring that one lol.

I was #21  pre-order day went to #14 launch day and have been stuck at pre-fullfilment ever since!