Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

@rydollasign

order via ship to home right now and hopefully you'll have the device in a few weeks. 

You'll be invoiced for it (as opposed to having to pay up front) so you'll have time to sell your 6S once the X arrives.  

I Plan to Stick Around

Does anyone know if any Apple stores (Toronto) has any in stock just to pick up at the store?

I Plan to Stick Around

I like to use https://www.istocknow.com Helped me when I bought my 6 Plus and 7 Plus.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix any info on any X 64gb Silvers being shipped to home? Wondering if Rogers got a shipment, i'm impatient LOL 

I Plan to Stick Around

I don’t think we have the option anymore to get it shipped to home for the iPhone X, the only option now that I see is pick up in store and it’s showing backordered. I think in a few weeks ship to home will be an option again, hopefully.

Edited to add: Just looked at the iPhone X page on the Rogers mobile site it says on a grey banner “Pay later and pickup in store”. That’s confusing as I’ve been told by two Rogers reps and @Meowmix confirmed that you need to pay when you pick up your device.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @S-D

I use istocknow.com to check statue updates on which Apple store has any.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @DavidV08

Nothing yet so far. I have heard some may come next week for shipment out.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks @DavidV08 and @Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Breezygirl

" Pay later pick up in store" means pay when you pick it up.

Just like " pay now ship home " option.

Very different meanings. Any time you purchase a phone either upgrade or new activation with any carrier at their store you must pay the device price upfront for it. The upgrade fee aka device balance and connection fee will be added on your invoice.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Breezygirl

" Rogers customers are losing the option to put the sticker price of their hardware upgrade on their next bill, according to an internal carrier document obtained by MobileSyrup. The carrier is falling in-line with competitors Telus and Bell, both of which require customers to pay for the price of their chosen device at the time of purchase. Customers will still see a $20 connection fee and any early hardware upgrade fee or FlexTab balance on their bill, but the subsidized amount for the new phone — for example, $199 down on a two-year contract for an iPhone 7 — must be paid at the time of the purchase, whether online, over the phone or in-store.

Employees are encouraged in the document to position the change as a simplification and that customers sometimes “think they need the latest and greatest phone, but when you ask a few more questions about how they plan to use it… A $1200 phone seems unnecessary.” According to the document, this change will go into effect February 14th 2017"

Here you go for anyone else wanting more information.