Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

OK so, got the call from the rogers store yesterday that my phone was in the store.  Go home first and guess what's been delivered from UPS, another phone. So anyone in the Vancouver area want a Space Grey 256 GB iPhone X let me know. You can pick it up in store and I'll cancel my store one and you can have that one. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @darthrez

Very nice and weird but glad you got the phone!!:)
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have to agree with what was said earlier, I will only get shipped to home going forward. Also Rogers needs to train their reps better. Everyone gave me a different answer. @Meowmix rogers should have you on the pay roll 🙂 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @darthrez

Ship to home option is always better then store. Some like store but most likely ship to home option.

Haha we all know that won't happen however I love doing this for u guys :).
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

you in Vancouver @Meowmix

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @darthrez

Ship to home option is always better then store. Some like store but most likely ship to home option.

Haha we all know that won't happen however I love doing this for u guys :).

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@darthrez

I'm in Vancouver!! Pick me pick me! haha

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @darthrez

No i am in Toronto lol. PM @krazykoo since they are in Vancouver!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Anyone in the Toronto area who has reserved a 256gb that doesn’t need it anymore? 😂
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Okay @Business @Corporate Customers,

I am so frustrated with how the reservations are being handled. I've reached out to several reps and read all through this forum and others, here is what I understand so far:
(1) Devices are SLOWLY trickling out to customers, but so slowly almost no one is moving.

(2) They disabled the ability to view your spot in queue on Rogers Direct, so everyone is left in the dark. When asking an agent they will just say "It's in Pre-Fullfillment and you will get an email when it ships"

(3) Consumer customers have tons of devices shipping, with some moving up ~500 in spot in queue in a single day earlier this week.

(4) From in this thread, it appears as though it's been confirmed Rogers ships to corporate clients after consumer, but no live agent or Rogers representative will confirm of course.

(5) The RogersDirect FAQ states we will get weekly updates with our # in queue, however Rogers Customer Service is denying this request.

My experience so far has been that I pre-ordered right away on Oct 27th, was #157 in line, and I can't get a single update except "You will get an email when it ships" which they are saying is 3+ weeks away (standard response).

Overall extremely poor experience. I feel like they are intentionally leaving us in the dark so we don't go elsewhere to get a device in the meantime. At this rate, even though I'm #157 initial on launch day--I'm guessing I'll get a device around Dec 8th. Which is completely unacceptable in my opinion.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Seems like they just got a lot of phones in. Just went from #750 to 51 for the 64gb space grey but it still says open. Looks like I just missed the cut lol