Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Agree, for the first question on having to pay for device at pickup the rep asked someone else before telling me yes. Then when I asked about also having to pay the early upgrade fee/device fee at she immediately said that was correct and would also need to be paid at pickup. She should have asked someone to confirm that as well before telling me. Sigh.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Breezygirl

Unfortunately reps will never learn to ask. They assume alot. I have done 4 upgrades since last year and only paid the device price in store. Upgrade fee and connection fee was always added on the invoice. Others have said the same here too. Sadly reps will never learn. Smh.
I'm Here A Lot

I echo this. I did the upgrade on release day and still have not received a certificate for Applecare and it still does not show active on the Apple system. I called Rogers and they told me it can take up to 15 days. Can anyone confirm if they have received a certificate for AppleCare?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@dg123

I’m in the same boat. Was told it could take up to 15 business days by a retention rep today.

The front line rep was totally clueless to even the process to activate Apple care via Rogers. And I mean TOTALLY clueless which is why I had to ask to be transferred to retentions.

I guess we wait....

I Plan to Stick Around

Just got a text and email from Rogers. My phone has changed to shipped status for pick up in the store.

Likelyhood of getting it by Friday? Or am I still a few more days out? (Aka until after the weekend)
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @iSayBoourns

You should be getting it tomorrow or Friday! Depending on how the weather is tomorrow ( if you are in the GTA then there is a special weather statement going around). So hopefully u get it tomorrow.
I'm Here A Lot

I’m wondering what number in the queue you were and what model/size iPhone for the corporate clients that recently got shipment notificstion. Im number #130 and still in pre-fulfilment status and it’s getting annoying at this point especially given I was one of the first ppl to order on oct 27 @ 8:30 et
Thanks
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

Awesome! Thanks for the help and info.

(I am in Calgary, so no weather warnings I’m aware of)
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @iSayBoourns

You are welcome!Smiley Happy
I Plan to Stick Around

Getting really frustrated as a corporate customer. No iPhone X have been shipped one week after launch. Not sure I would recommend being a corporate account since they get last priority compared to consumer accounts. Wish corporate and consumers would be treated the same.