Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Hey guys,

I'm a business customer and just reserved my X 256GB upgrade in Space Gray. A few questions:

1) My device price is $999 while I was expecting $799. Why is this?

2) This is my first time with an upgrade. Does this mean I get locked into another 2-year contract with my current plan? I have a grandfathered 9GB plan for $100. Or do I have to choose another plan to get locked into a contract to?

3) I'm on queue #1428. Any rough timelines on when this is? If this translates to roughly 5 months I'm just going to buy the device at cost from Apple (I already have a reservation for the first week of Dec 2017).

Appreciate the insights. Thank you.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JCFans

1). Price varies from accounts and plans. So if you have a older plan, then you will be charged more for the device. This is normal for everyone.

2) you will have to sign a new 2yr term. However the systems should accept what plan you have. If it does not then you would need to change it. The plan you have would make sense why the price of the phone is more.

3). To be honest with that number you won't see it until January I would say. So best is to get it with Apple.
I Plan to Stick Around

i'm sure you've probably said this somewhere already so i apologize in advance, but, just to clarify... i only have to pay the price of the device plus taxes at the store and then the remaining balance of my plan will just be added to my next invoice?
I Plan to Stick Around

Totally agree with you @nasa25. Never shipping to store again. Had to pay up front for the device. I mean it doesn’t matter cause I’ll have to pay for it anyway but the fact that I thought it was gonna get added on to my bill. Apparently they took that option off last year whereas the ship to home people got the phones added to their bill. Annoyed but whatever. Lesson learned. Next time ship to home for sure.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @cici24

That is correct.
I Plan to Stick Around

I ordered my iPhone x 256gb space grey on November 4 as an upgrade. They said they will ship it to my house but I have not received an email yet confirming that I purchased the device. On MyRogers, it also says that my device is still the old device (iPhone 6). How long should I expect the phone to be coming?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @felixpennell

To be honest there is no way of knowing when it will be shipped out. Hopefully soon I hope.
I Plan to Stick Around

So it says my device shipped to the store. Does that mean its there now?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @McBoober

If you got a shipment email just now then now. It will be delivered to the store tomorrow.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I received the shipment notification email at 11:08pm yesterday.