Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Thank you Smiley Happy
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Geoffbernier

You are welcome!Smiley Happy
I Plan to Stick Around

I am so excited. In less than 4 hrs my 256 grey will be in my hand! Wheeeee!!!!!!! Did I read further up that all of these phones are arriving unlocked? That would be cool! Not that I'm going to leave Rogers ever, but I never believed in the whole locking thing once the phone is paid for.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Shrunk

Yay! Yup indeed those phones come unlocked Smiley Happy
I Plan to Stick Around

I am gonna BURST with excitement!!!!! Smiley Very Happy
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Meowmix

I thought I read somewhere that it could take up to 15 business days to show up in your Apple support profile (the AC that is). Am I off base?

Or is it 15 business days to get your AC certificate from Apple?

AC was added to my account around noon on Saturday and it’s still not showing on my Apple support profile. Hopefully it’ll show soon

I Plan to Stick Around

Since when does Rogers charge $50 fee for the 30% discount? I already have the discount on my no-Tab plan, when I switch to the new plans am I going to be charged this fee, even though I already have the discount applied?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

I haven't read that anywhere. Looked on the Apple Canada site and doesn't show that anywhere.

It shows that you have 15-30 days ( depending where u get it from) to add AppleCare on your new phone or iPad.

With me when I got AppleCare last year from Rogers it took 48hrs to have it added ( excluding weekends) and with Telus it took it took not that long.

" The registration process can take up to 24 hours to be visible in Apple’s systems. To verify that your hardware is covered under the AppleCare Protection Plan, click here"
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JamesHandy

Depeends on each account and how the account is. I have seen someone being charged $100 more because they had a older plan and had to upgrade to a new one.

Have you spoken to a manager and see what they say?
I Plan to Stick Around

I haven't spoken to anyone yet.

I got a text message saying i'll need another code to to verify I still work for the company and to bring it to the store for them to re-apply the discount to the new upgraded plan.

I guess I'll find out when I pick up the phone?