Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

I understand it fully depends on when they receive it. Sorry if I wasn’t clear. What I’m asking is if they have a shipment today, when would their website update my status?
Purely a hypothetical so I can maybe stop repeatedly checking their site haha
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @dfm83

As i said on my post above. Once they get shipments in, they will put them aside for the reservations and then start processing them. The site would update when they are processing them. This can take a few hours or a day.

Just be patient and go about your day and check out the site later on.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I'm interested in how the monthly AC+ works if you, for instance, sell your phone after a year and upgrade.

Would you just request that AC+ be removed from the old phone and added to the new one?

I think it becomes tricky because once you upgrade, your new phone becomes the device attached to your line.  So upon upgrade will the system automatically cancel apple care on your old device and re-start the period of 2 years on your new device?

So pretty much I'd just like to know if you need to request cancellation of AC on your old phone and addition of AC on your new phone....or does the system just automatically apply your monthly AC subscription to to current device attached to your line?  Or perhaps you can have multiple devices attached to the same line, each with their own AC??? Some clarification on this would be great.  

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

Once upgrading to another iPhone, you would need to have then change over the IMEI number to that iPhone instead. Telus was telling me that the system will detect the new iPhone IMEI number and change it over.

You could cancel it and then redo it again.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

ah thanks meowmix

It would be good for it to automatically change over but I guess some people might not want that so maybe it's a good thing that we need to contact rogers to specify the device we would like coverage on.  

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

My current position is 1415. Any information on ETA?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @riyaleh

Give and take 1-3 weeks if anything. Depends on how many shipments Rogers gets from Apple.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Love the phone. It's a much needed upgrade from the 6. Didn't think the 7 or the 8 had any added benefits to make me want to upgrade. Should I have just done the iPhone 8 for $99? Did I really need all of these little updates for 100s of dollars more? After all the hype has worn off and you ask yourself was it really worth it at this price point ($724 for 256G Space Grey X). Once you're done getting all the accessories (fast charger, wireless charger, case, screen protector, airpods, etc...). At the end of the day you have to ask yourself what do I use my phone for and can I justify the price for my needs. Am I just trying to keep up with the Jones? The mass crowd typically uses theirs' phones for  email, talking, social media, and games.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@linuxhead

$724 for the 256gb is a deal I'd have taken all day long lol

I paid $799 plus tax up front for my 64gb x.  Tack on the subsidy from my 7 and all in my upgrade bill was $1152.40

If I'd have went for a 256gb it would have been an additional $226.  I had a hard time justifying over $1100 as it is lol

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I am 200 in the line for the X when will I get it