Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Hello @ragu13

Its AppleCare +. Not the Rogers protection. They email you a certificate for the AppleCare and it will take 24hrs to update on Apple's side.

Carriers have a deal with Apple to do this. Telus and Bell offer this too. So it makes sense.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

Why so cheap? Based on what I’ve read I’m not eligible since I received and activated yesterday and bought directly through Apple?

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi all,

The phone is ace!  Im sure your all enjoying or will be enjoying soon.

Anyone have experience with Rogers Device PRotection plan?  I took it over apple care + because i have lost phones before so wanted that extra coverage even though the deductible is a lot higher for accidential damage the AC+, which to be fair is more likely to happen than a loss.

Wandering if people have thoughts on this?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ragu13

Telus gave me the same deal with Apple Care and I got the email certificate which prices I have Apple Care in my on iPhone 8 plus. Checked with Apple and 24hrs it was added on their end.

Apple has agreements with carriers to do this. There really isn't any other explanation to be honest...

As for your cause, you would need to contact a manager and speak to them.

" AppleCare+ is amazing service and support from the people who know your iPhone and iPad best. AppleCare+ for iPhone or iPad offers additional coverage over the complimentary support provided to customers that purchase a new iPhone or iPad.

For $9 per month for iPhone and iPad, or $99 one-time fee for iPad only, AppleCare+ extends your coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your iPhone and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a service fee plus applicable tax ($39 for screen damage, $129 for any other damage to your iPhone, or $49 for any damage to your iPad). Available from Rogers only on the same day of purchase. If you are buying your iPad or iPhone online, please call us at 1 888 ROGERS1 (764-3771) the same day of your purchase to request AppleCare+ for your device. AppleCare+ is available within 60 days of your iPhone or iPad purchase by visiting an Apple Retail Store or by calling 1 800 263-3394."
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @tb13

Rogers ( Asurion) works the same as AC+ however it's a $200 deductible upfront payment to get another device. That's how it works. They use Asurion for their plans.

Also the Rogers protection can be added on any device. AppleCare is only locked to a iPhone.
I Plan to Stick Around

200 for sure is steep!  Thanks for the info!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @tb13

Indeed it is. Once you make the claim with Asurion, they want your CC Oor debit visa to get charged the $200 for her phone + taxes. The price goes down depending what phone but for the new ones it's $200.

Get AppleCare and save the time and money instead.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks @Meowmix

Its the lost phone piece that AC+ doesnt cover but Asurion/Rog Dev Prot does.

If i didnt have a bad history of loosing phones (even with Find my phone) it wouldnt be too bad!

However, i am having seconds thoughts because of deductibles, will have a think about, thanks for the info!

I'm Here A Lot

AC+ vs Rog. Dev. Protection is a tough decision. I just added AC+ after purchasing my device on the Oct 27th. There must be a grace period, especially with how expensive these iPhoneX phones are.

The good thing about the Rogers plan is that I would be paying only 8 dollars a month for it as my Value Pack would be included. So $13(Protection) - $5(V. Pack) = $8. I've only lost a phone once and came close to losing another one again. The AC+ doesn't cover that. 

I don't damage phones as I have always used otterbox cases which keep them in mint condition.  Once I get some good protection I might cancel my AC+. Losing this phone is what I'm most concerned with. 'Find my iPhone' is only as good as the phone is powered on or until it's wiped thru iTunes. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I Plan to Stick Around

@nasa25 wrote:
So retention’s was able to add $9/month Apple care to my account. The pop up saying full subsidy repayment required was just an error she said and she was able to override it.

I’m happy!

$9 per month for AppleCare on an iPhone X? I’ll take that all day long.

Niceee @nasa25 nice job fighting for it!