Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

How come?

Can you elaborate?

I ask cause it seems nice to be able to recieve a gift card for the full sum, if they can't replace the phone due to stock.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Prospect

Yeah you get a gift card after going through troubles just to get one. Including the staff being ignorant and always find a way to get your money. I have seen customers get lied about the plan, Force customers to get the monthly one which u pay monthly instead and also some reps have failed to help customers and make the customers call GS and deal with it then selfs.

Your money and your decision but I rather go for AppleCare.
I'm Here A Lot

Best Buy is a no-go. Reserved one in Whitby. Got an email that it was reserved. Got a phone call half an hour later that it shouldn't have been in the system because it was actually a pre-order. Tried to reserve in Ajax and the system said it was sold out. Trying to reserve in Peterborough and I'm getting a message that the item is not available for reservation.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Sapphire27ca

Yeah they have limited stock. My old Best Buy location had 10 yesterday and had 2 left today. Gone within the first 10 minutes of opening.
I Plan to Stick Around

Call Rogers!

They have stock internally, you just gotta speaks to Customer Relations or Management.

I'm 95 in queue, was 252.

I called yesterday at 7 AM. 

X 256 GB Grey was shipped last night and will be here on Monday.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I will try again Sunday, since my number should be kicked out of Koodo by then. The 5th was my billing date, so the account should be permanently closed.

I don’t think there is anything Rogers can do, so I’ll just port to Telus. It’s their loss. They lost a paying customer because of their misinformation, and lack of workarounds.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @GibMcFragger

I ported over and got a amazing deal on my plan and got better help anyways. Rogers can't do anything since the systems won't let them override it. No manager can do it either I believe.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Yea. They tried. They did come up with some way to switch my plan to a smaller subsidy plan, then switch it back in a couple weeks. Apparently they could add a phone then, but it would still be two weeks.

I’m leaving on a business trip Monday morning for a week. I want my dang phone now, lol.

I’ll just port to Telus on Sunday.
I Plan to Stick Around

Well is Saturday morning, my Apple iPhone X 256GB Silver which I was #7 then shown as Shipped on31st still is not in the Rogers store. The two that were there for other reserved are gone and wondering where is the Rogers system it went too?

Called, they could not help, did the Rogers chat and they could not help either so guess it's in limbo land shipped but no where.

I wish we/they could track the location of the package and provide some sort of an ETA.

Excitement turned to frustration 

I Plan to Stick Around

Even though I'm still 86 on the list with Rogers, I went to the store to see what they had and they said they only got 3 preorders yesterday. No walk ins...! Went to the Best Buy store that supposedly got my preorder. They said there was a mix up and they got all the preorders except mine and another guys. Said they had no 256 iPhones at all. Tons of 64s for walk ins. Sweet..my luck.