Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

No, don’t have any cases yet. I’m not sure how that would affect it.

I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

So Rogers is only getting units once a week?

Seems like a slap in the face to have someone who orders 6 hours later through the same carrier get a device 1-2 weeks sooner.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Countdown to epic rage rant in 3...2....1

So..I ported over to Rogers a week ago. When I did, I asked the Rogers rep whether it would be faster to port then, rather than wait for my iPhone X to arrive. This would make the launch day transaction faster, because I would just have to add the device to my account, pay the upfront cost, and done.

He said “sure, that makes sense”. So I ported in last week.

The Best Buy Rep tried to add my phone today, and it kept throwing an error, so he called Rogers.

Guess what? ROGERS DOESN’T ALLOW ADDING A DEVICE FOR 30 DAYS, IF YOU PORT IN ON A BYOD PLAN.

I said what??? 2hrs later fighting with Rogers and I walked out in a rage with no iPhone X.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @Meowmix

Yeah I did already have the BestBuy account, that was actually the main reason I chose It over directly from Rogers. They had a specific iPhoneX special though for using this 12 and 24 month thing that I didn’t know about until I got there, so I though it was a nice little bonus. It’ll ease the sudden burden slightly. 

Can’t Thank you enough again for your help and info as always. I’m enjoying the new toy thoroughly 🙂

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @iSayBoourns

Yes. Apple controls the stock and pricing of the iPhone. So whatever stock Rogers gets, is what it gets. Last year it took every 2 weeks or so from Apple to get stock. Rogers and others carriers were lucky to even have any.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@GibMcFragger

thats awful

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @GibMcFragger

Wow thats no good at all. The rep giving misinformation and honestly shouldn't be happening.

I would speak to the office of the President and see what they can do for you
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Qdriver

No need to thank me! Just doing it for u guys!:)
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

If stock is so limited on Rogers end, then how does it make sense that people who select send to home? So they essentially get to cut the line and get a device weeks sooner, all while placing that order many hours later than someone who places an order for pick up. Generally the people who order first are usually the people served first. Nothing at all with this seems right.

That’s on Rogers not fulfilling orders as they were ordered. Apple sending limited stock to Rogers is irrelevant for the scenario, when it’s Rogers handing them out.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

They story doesn't end there. I was so mad, I said "screw it" and went to port right back out of Rogers and into Telus.

After one phone in each ear for another 30 mins, the Best Buy rep went into a rage. Koodo still hasn't released my number fully from when I ported to Rogers last week, so it can't be ported out of Rogers.

He called Koodo to have them close my account now (it closes on the 5th, my billing date). After another bloody 20 mins on hold with Koodo, they came back and told him that the accounts dept was closed and they couldn't do it.

He just about exploded. I feel bad for him. I was literally the last activation and his last customer of his last shift. He quit and this was his last day.

So yea. My brain is fried from 2hrs in Best Buy mobile, and I have no iPhone X.

The icing on the cake is that Rogers managed to change my account to a premium plus account WITH NO DEVICE.

Explain that one....