Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Hello @nasa25

Wow that's not cool. Telus is offering it for $14 a month and gives u 30 days from the time of purchase to add it. Just like Apple does. What is Rogers thinking.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I would go into an Apple Store or see if you can order it online. I put apple care on everything I buy though.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys!

Just read this about the iPhone X display.

" Here’s Apple’s explaination:

If you look at an OLED display off-angle, you might notice slight shifts in color and hue. This is a characteristic of OLED and is normal behavior. With extended long-term use, OLED displays can also show slight visual changes. This is also expected behavior and can include “image persistence” or “burn-in,” where the display shows a faint remnant of an image even after a new image appears on the screen. This can occur in more extreme cases such as when the same high contrast image is continuously displayed for prolonged periods of time. We’ve engineered the Super Retina display to be the best in the industry in reducing the effects of OLED “burn-in.”

I Plan to Stick Around

Just got my upgrade, what a phone! Thanks @Meowmix for your assistance again. See you in two years for the iPhone XII.

Also on a sidenote, I asked how many X's they received at my store for walk-ins today. 0 (Zero). And not many in MB even in Winnipeg.

She said Rogers had 250 Canada Wide distributed to their stores for Walk-In Traffic. Yikes!

Thanks again all!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @richelsd

See you in 2 year and take care my friend!!. Enjoy the phone!!:).
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So jealous of those who have their phones already! So I checked my account and it says..

Last upgrade /activation date:
November 2, 2017
I have the IMEI and SIM assigned now too. Does that mean my phone may have shipped yesterday? Or is that wishful thinking? I chose home delivery.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@nasa25 wrote:
I was lied to by a Rogers live chat rep about Apple care. She said I couldn’t add it to my phone and even if I could it would be $249 instead of the $9 a month that I mentioned to her.

Now I’m angry.

Get a new rep @nasa25 she doesn't know what she's talking about. Easily got it today for $9, and it's even offered as an option on their website under device protection. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Shrunk

May have however it can ship out tonight or Monday.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks, I'm super excited. I wasn't expecting to see it for at least a couple of weeks 🙂

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Shrunk were you high on the list or something?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Over the years I've owned a iPhone 3g, 4, 5, 6+, 7.... waiting on my iPhone X 256GB Silver.