Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Hello @Aperrotta

As said before I n Page 1 post 1. Every year business and corporate customers wait a bit longer to get their devices when per ordering with any device. This has happened since 2012.

I guess those accounts are taken care from another department which oversees business and corporate customers reservations and accounts so they take their time to get them rolling out. That's why some statuses got changed to Escalation.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Well UPS took my condo unit number down (call center did anyways).  Said it could delay the package by one business day but that's not for certain.  So worst case I'll have to wait until Monday to unwrap my new toy

I also left two massive notes on both my condo entrance doors so if the UPS guy doesn't see that then I have no idea what to do lol

I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix there should be more transparency in the pre-ordering process. It’s hard for customers to estimate when they’ll receive their handsets. I don’t understand how I haven’t received any status update since I placed the preorder. I’m a new customer and I chose a ship-to-store option and originally got #38 for a 256GB space grey. Now I’m #7. How is it possible that Rogers didn’t receive more than 38 units of that model?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @dlim581

Rogers allocates their stock towards varies places within the company. So that's how it works.

However u do agree with you.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I called this morning on my business account order (#27).  The status has changed from"in progress pre-fulfillment" to just "in progress".  I was informed to try calling back again this afternoon.  She wasn't sure what exactly that meant but that it was at least moving forward.  Oh my nerves Smiley Happy 

I Plan to Stick Around

You’re number 27?? I’m number 21 how is that possible ? @Trevorick
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

IMPORTANT:

If you upgraded to the dev beta of iOS 11.2 it WILL NOT work on iPhone X (as there is no iPhone X 11.2 ipsw file)

BEFORE setting up your new X, delete the beta profile from your old iPhone and downgrade to iOS 11.1 and backup your data (USE A BACKUP FROM BEFORE YOU UPGRADED TO 11.2)

Then you can continue on with setting up the new X.  Also if your AW is on watchOS 4.2 then you're kind of screwed because it won't work with 11.1.  So hopefully its on 4.1 or earlier.  

I'm Here A Lot

@Km148 I was 27 on the morning i ordered.  Through various check ups, i had been moved up the queue (probably due to cancellations).  Not sure what the final number was and honestly if the status update actually means anything.  I haven't been able to get on the rogersdirect site so this is all from people on the phone.  They seem to vary in their knowledge of what is happening. Basically just sitting here with my fingers crossed that i'll get a shipping confirmation email sometime.  Happy people are getting their phones, just wish business customers got some love.  I really wish i knew about this business program screw over prior to switching to a business account.  

I'm a Trusted Advisor

I Plan to Stick Around

When you get an email update saying ups won’t be able to deliver today as expected... ffs ups... the warehouse is literally 20 mins from me..