Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @chrisventura

You can cancel the pre order with Best Buy and you will get the deposit back.

Yeah, I know that. I guess it does make sense for me to cancel the Best Buy orders over the Rogers order, since I already have them on my account. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@chrisventura

Yea, especially since it means its going to get delivered and you can use it right away.   Going to Best Buy you're gonna need to wait for all of the paperwork etc etc, plus drive there.

Hopefully it arrives early tomorrow morning Smiley Happy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Over the years I've owned a iPhone 3g, 4, 5, 6+, 7.... waiting on my iPhone X 256GB Silver.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @chrisventura

Cancel it once the Rogers one comes to you. Don't cancel before hand just incase.
I'm Here A Lot

Awesome, thanks for the insight everyone. Pretty psyched for this one - I have the iPhone 6, and it's on its last legs. Smiley Tongue

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi @Meowmix

I thought I would chime in as I have normally done for the last 10 years or so. Sorry I am late to the game. 

I am very happy with the 7 I purchased last year at launch but have reserved the X 265gb Silver from Rogers Device Registration (currently 249 open status) and also through Apple (ships 2-3 weeks as I slept through my alarm clock at 3:00am EST and didn't order until 3:09pm on the Apple Store app). 

Anyways, for the first time ever I am going to do an upgrade at a shopping mall cell phone kiosk that sells all cell phone providers. 

I am getting quoted $130/month with iPhone X for 15gb share everything plan. This is only $20 more a month than I am paying now for my 10gb plan where I own the device and have no tab. Sounds too good to be true but I will see how things go tomorrow. 

I will most likely cancel the Rogers Device Registration unit as well as Apple store. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Dimundz88

Let us know how it goes!! Hopefully that plan price is correct. I have heard some have that price plan so we shall see.
I Plan to Stick Around

And here I am waiting for my local Rogers store to call and tell me that I can pick up my phones tomorrow...I shoulda done the ship to home dammit lol

do ship to store orders ever show up as "Delivered" after the go to "Shipped"?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @cynikalmindset

No it would not. The last status is SHIPPED. That's all. You would need to call the store if they haven't called you and check.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix Yes me too! I was unable to 'reserve' the phone from the kiosk last weekend but they said they do not have a waiting list so if they get any extra phones on top of preorders then I am #1 so we'll see, fingers crossed for tomorrow.  Good luck everyone. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers emailed me today billing me for the iPhone x 256gb grey, i picked ship to home. Will i get it tomorrow , i think not since it hasn't shipped yet.