Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

@S-D 

Did you see your order status turn purple (Escalation Order)? Or did your position in line only decrease?
I'm trying to figure out what the difference means.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SSingh1

Have you logged into My Rogers to check your device balance? It would show there if yours changed over and ur getting it tomorrow
I've Been Around

Ordered the Phone on Friday at 6 am with Bestbuy.
Just got a Call from Bestbuy and its ready for Pickup Tomorrow Morning.
Yay....
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @PerharBoy

Great to hear!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys!

I spoke to a regional manager for Best Buy in Toronto and he said most if not all pre order for the X will be available for tomorrow morning! Same with other regions as well.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

for those that want applecare + through rogers, be advised that they will only add it on the initial order (via ship to home) or when you get your device in store (via reservation)

I don't even recall seeing applecare+ as an option when I pre-ordered....oh well.

Also the rep told me that they aren't doing a monthly charge for AC+ for the iPhone X due to 'how expensive it is'.  It'll be $249 one time payment.  So pretty much the exact same thing as just buying it from Apple.  

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

Weird that's no good. Seems like indeed Rogers once again isnt on par with other carriers.

Bell and Telus is offering it on a monthly rate of $14 per month added on ur bill. You have 30 days from time of purchase to add it.
I've Been Here Awhile

It still shows my old iPhone 6S which has a balance of $0. It still gives me the option to upgrade my device even though I already did to the iPhone X. When it asked me to pay for the X I chose to add on my next bill. I don't know if that affects when I will receive it.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Pre-ordered at 2PM 256GB Space Grey for ship to home on Oct 27. Had a device balance of $41.66. Yesterday I checked my account to see if the new iphone was listed like others on here have said but nothing. I did notice my previous device balance decreased to $20.83. Today I got an email about my new service agreement!! Good news is that I should be getting my new phone tomorrow. Bad news- it still shows $41.66 for the previous device balance. I tried live chat to get the balance to $20.83 for my old device as it was shown on November 1st but no luck. They said the upgrade was processed on October 27th so I will have to pay $41.66. How can that be right?? Is it even worth calling in to get a credit for that $20.83? I'm just annoyed and it seems completely unethical to have to pay the full device balance that was quoted on October 27th even though it has decreased on November 1st. What about the people that have to wait months!? You would think that as months go on and you wait for your upgrade to be finalised the device balance would also decrease over time. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @SSingh1

Then unfortunately they haven't gotten to yours yet. They still might for tomorrow delivery but if it doesn't change by tonight, I'm afraid u won't get it at launch.