Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Hello @nasa25

It can mean both ways. Until Rogers actually gives out a accurate statement on this, everyone will think differently on this topic.
I Plan to Stick Around

@nasa25 i wasn't planning on jumping back in but you're absolutely right — the priority statement is literally in a paragraph explaining procedure for inventory allocation

as in:

» we can't control how many devices we get

» we will fulfill pre-orders based on inventory allocated to us by apple

» of the devices we do receive, priority will be given to ship to home orders

"we will prioritize and ship devices to customers who chose the ship to home method"

we are interpreting it correctly — this is something has has been confirmed by rogers reps on twitter / on the phone who have echoed the same sentiment (that ship to home orders take priority)

if this is not actually the policy, we're not wrong for thinking it is as the faq tells us that it is and reps confirm that it is

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

@Meowmix

Does rogers business customers typically get reservations sent out on launch day or afterwards?  I remember 3 years ago I waited until January to get my iPhone 6 plus after reserving it around launch day.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mariob85

Most reservations for business will be shipped out on or after launch date.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmixthat is awesome about the Best Buy thing. Mine was updated to shipped with Best Buy and I got that email as well, but my rogers preorder is still at 94. Super stoked that I will hopefully have it on launch day then...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @aojsn

Not to say anything but do not believe everything u hear.

Reps on twitter and over the phone gave out wrong timing on when the pre orders start and also told a few users that there is a limit on how many they will release.. They also give wrong info most of the time unless you are logged into your account and change a few things.  So again sometimes they are wrong as well in this case it may be that they are right. 

Now if i am wrong, i already apologized for it. What i know is what head office via email sent me and what management has told me.

Since it shows that, i wont go on about this anymore and end it as Ship to home orders take priority over in store. We shall see Friday how this plays out.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @arewhyehen

I hope so too! Smiley Happy
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@aojsn

It would make sense that Rogers would prefer ship to home orders more than in store pickup because you’re basically committing to the device up front with ship to home. That and payment is more streamlined (through your Rogers bill)

I’m glad I’m not losing my mind in reading that statement as ship to home orders are given priority over all other orders lol

But if that is actually the case, who knows...

I Plan to Stick Around

I called Best Buy this evening to verify that they have my phone and I can pick it up Friday.  They do NOT have it.  The received phones today they told me but none were Silver.  * Feeling worried *

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jillzzzy77

They also get shipments tomorrow from the warehouse. So it may come in tomorrow.