Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

@ragu13 wrote:

@truhunk

Be safe in knowing I have reserved directly though Apple and have not received any shipment status email yet either. I have called my bank and Apple and have been guaranteed 100% that both of my devices will arrive on Friday the 3rd

Apple is very particular about how communication is sent, I'll be willing to bet that a lot of the ship to home Friday deliveries are waiting at a warehouse but have not been assigned serial numbers or shipping queues based on Apple telling them not to send communications before until the item ships...for Friday arrival, nothing will ship until Thursday at the earliest.

Patience...a lot of us have been through these same trials and it mostly works out in the in.

Unless your name is @Th1ef of course hahahahahaha. Luck changing this year my friend?

OK. I'll hang in there. I ordered from Rogers. I was just a bit worried because I haven't seen any response. I thought they lost me. Thanks.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just to chime in on this ship to home vs store debate, I think Rogers should state that ship to home is more convenient, not necessarily faster

Pretty much everyone in the world would construe the word faster, in this instance, to mean ‘how quickly will I receive the device in my hands. Will I receive it faster than the other option?’

Faster from the point the phone is shipped is utterly meaningless if, for instance, ship to store orders are shipped out a week before ship to home orders (as an example)

They should sell the ship to home convenience factor. Not the ‘fast’/speed factor.

I Plan to Stick Around

@nasa25

Perfect!!

Yours was a much more streamlined and accurate way to explain compared to my long winded roundabout answer.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ragu13

Lol nah your explanation was good and accurate as well. I agreed with your point of view.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nasa25

Agreed. Many are taking it the wrong way or thinking a different way so we are all here thinking something different. When i was told by the management of Rogers including the head office i was told it would just mean that you pay not and do not have to wait in store or wait for the systems to load back up. Not that its faster then reservation or anything like that.

Then you read online which says something else so u do get confused.
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Helloooo.

Best Buy question to the Best Buy master.

I pre order status went to “shipped” the other day, then I received the Best Buy email saying to ignore the “preorder shipped” email and my local store will call me before the 3rd to arrange a pickup time.

I know it’s a generic auto-email, but does that mean I should get my phone on launch day?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Meowmix

That makes sense about not having to drive down and wait in store for them to process the upgrade etc. but I think that falls under the umbrella of ‘more convenient’ than ‘faster’ and that’s how they should market it.

Also I’m trying to figure out the whole priority verbiage on the faqs. As in ‘home orders are given priority’. I’ll have to reread it to see if I can understand it’s true meaning.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @GibMcFragger

Yes that means you will get it at launch. When i worked for Best Buy this always happened. So we told customers to ignore that email.

That emails is to show its been shipped out to the stores and not to you. The store should have it for you at launch!
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Yes! Awesome! Thanks! 🙂
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

See I have a hard time reading this any other way than priority will be given to ship to home orders over ship to store orders:

We will prioritize and ship devices to customers who choose the ship to home method

Unless of course the word ‘prioritize’ means something different than ‘give priority to’. But if it does, then I have no idea what it means.

So the real question is, what does the word prioritize mean in this instance? Unless it means ‘give priority to over other options available’ then it’s a pretty meaningless statement.