Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Hello @aojsn

As always thank you for that. However you are wrong as well since it doesn't state anywhere that it will be priority over ship to store orders. Only says it's a priority that's all. It could mean anything really. Rogers doesn't really actually explain everything properly.

Anyways in the end I hope everyone gets it at launch but bare in mind not everyone will.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @digitalpirate

Then they should be removing the same exact sentence from the ship to store orders too.

Again in the end I hope everyone gets it.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix i understand that policy might not actually be practiced, but the faq is clearly comparing ship to home orders vs ship to store orders all throughout the page and clearly states that ship to home orders are given priority at least twice

thank you again for the help you're giving in this thread, but please don't be so rude to people posting when they interpret things at face value

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @aojsn

If you think I was rude then I apologize but I wasn't.

Anyways enjoy your device on launch day! 🙂
I Plan to Stick Around

@Sapphire27ca

I ordered the grey 256
I'm Here A Lot

Same here. Ordered around 7:00 AM with the pay now and ship to home option. Received one " Do not reply" email saying that my order has been received. It didn't mention delivery dates or anything.  I have heard nothing else since then. Nothing even shows up on my account ? Talk about being left in the dark.

I've Been Here Awhile

Hey everyone

FYI - not all stores are calling people who pre-ordered even if they have your device and it will be ready on Friday.

I got my 'Shipped' email/text last night but no phone call today. I decided to drop by the pick up store and they said they could not call anybody to let them know that the device is ready (even though they had my device already) until the store opens on Friday. So it looks like only some of the Rogers stores are making these calls. Rest assured - if your status is SHIPPED it is very likely the store will have it for you Friday morning whether they call you or not. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@truhunk hopefully the ship-to-home orders will start to see some movement tonight or tomorrow as launch day gets closer! you will be getting a second email once your order ships but nothing before then (unfortunately) so watch your inbox over the next day or so and cross your fingers

I Plan to Stick Around

@aojsn

Based on the reservation system FAQs, it says that compared to picking it up in store, it would be faster to have it shipped home because you don't have to wait to pick it up in store. You've already paid and don't have to wait for the store to call, and then pick it up...no papers to sign, no driving, just have it shipped...so yes, it's "faster"

"Will I get my device faster by picking up at store or shipping to home?

You will receive your device faster by paying today and having your device shipped to your home than by waiting to pick up and pay at a store. It’s also more convenient!"

This could be explained more clearly because it is a slightly ambiguous statement and can be misconstrued to believe that shipping home you will receive the phone before store pickup

I also asked about the "priority ship to home over the ship to store debate" last year for the 7/7+ launch. The agent I spoke to said that the systems are different and the 'priority' reference is because you aren't given  a number when it's reserved as opposed to knowing where you stand in the ship to store option. So the 'priority' reference means you will be prioritized accordingly against others that reserved at home, not home vs store.

Home shipment means you have already picked a plan and paid for the device ahead of time, ship to store requires you to travel and sign papers there...so yes, the home option is 'faster' and the priority is set after everyone has either paid for their device up front (home) or reserved for in store pickup

Hope this helps and good fortune to all this coming Friday 🙂

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @truhunk

Yeah unfortunately that's how they do it at Rogers with this solution.

You will get second email which states your account changes then a shipment email as well.

Tomorrow you should see the updates coming in.