Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Apple iPhone 8 / 8 Plus & iPhone X Reservation numbers / Questions!

Why is ship to home to worst option?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @cbeech1980

Because you don't see any statuses, u don't get a que # and that's it.

Many are upset by that which i understand
I Plan to Stick Around

I contacted the fella on here that mentioned he was going to return his to the store.

Seems like it was a shill attempt to solicit a sale lol....

Asking me to match his offer $2200 from Kijiji if I want his locked Rogers iPhone X 256 Preorder....

So much for solidarity on this Rogers Community forums.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@slicecom

"Just got my call too! 256GB Silver is waiting for me at my local Rogers store. Ordered at 6:50AM EST on launch day, got number 20. Don't know why my number was so low at that time, but I definitely lucked out!"

congrats!

gonna keep this in mind since i ordered an hour earlier than that for ship-to-home in the same device queue

i'd hope i'll be getting mine for launch day as well given how much rogers emphasizes that ship-to-home is faster and that ship-to-home orders are prioritized over regular store orders

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @aojsn

Where exactly does Rogers say that? Rogers never once said that ordering it for home shipping would be a priority over ship to store. Nor does it state anywhere that u would be the first one or get it at launch if u pick that option.

It only says " faster" but doesn't state anything what u wrote.
I'm Here A Lot

When I ordered the Rogers website said shipping to home would be QUICKER than picking up from store!

There's plenty of folks on here who've been informed they're going to get their new phones on Friday, whereas the ship to home folks have nada.

Hopefully they will magically appear on Friday and all will be well with the world!

I Plan to Stick Around

i appreciate the help you are trying to give here @Meowmix but you're not correct, please refer to the official faq

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/online-orders-faqs

"Our shipment dates depend on how much inventory we have available, which is determined by the manufacturer. We will prioritize and ship devices to customers who choose the ship to home method. If your device is a pre-order or backorder for pick up at store, the device will arrive at the store at which time you’ll be notified that it’s ready for pick up."

Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 4.39.59 PM.png

I Plan to Stick Around

@aojsn thanks!

The only thing I can think of is since I have a corporate discount through my work, there was a separate queue for that, but many on here insist that there's only one Canada-wide queue per model so I don't know.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @cbeech1980

That is true. However that is not always the case. Shop to home doesn't mean you will get it before anyone else or at launch. Some with the Note 8 /S8 and G6 waited a day or so later to get it.

So again no where does it state that u will get it at launch. Faster can mean anything. Faster can mean that u will get it at launch. Faster can mean that you don't need to go to the store and sign papers. Faster can mean that you don't need to wait for their systems to work to get the phone on launch.

Sorry to disappoint but I doesn't always mean what u think.

I hope everyone gets it Friday but bare in mind not everyone will even with ship to home orders.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix Unfortunately I was also told the same thing on Twitter DMs with Rogers reps, as I was curious as to the Shipping in 2+ weeks and when it changes to 4-5 weeks. They also said that ship to home orders took priority.

Seems like ALL companies need to get a handle on their public messaging. 😕